Workers are basic units created at the Town Center in Age of Mythology. The Greeks create Villagers, the Egyptians create Laborers, the Norse create Gatherers and Dwarfs and the Atlanteans create Citizens. They all do basically the same thing except:
- Greek Villagers are average at everything.
- Egyptian Laborers are slightly slower at building buildings and gathering resources. They can become faster than a Gatherer or Greek Villager however if the pharaoh empowers the building where they are dropping off their gathered resources. They will always be extra slow at building monuments and free buildings (market, house, mining and lumber camp, granary).
- Norse Dwarfs gather Gold faster than Gatherers but are weak at gathering food and gold.
- Norse Gatherers and Dwarfs can gather but not build buildings.
- Atlantean Citizens are better at everything but are much more expensive. They cost 3 times as much population and resources, but do not gather or build three times as fast as Greek Villagers. They however do not need to walk to resource drop-off points. This is good because they are very slow. They are less proficient at combat relative to their resource and pop cost than the other Villager types are. As with all Atleantean units, Citizens can be heroized, making them better at everything.