|First appearance||The WarChiefs|
|Base hit points||120|
|Line of Sight||12|
|Resists||20% vs. Hand|
|Melee multipliers||x4.0 vs. Cavalry|
x3.0 vs. Light infantry
|Rate of Fire||1.5 / 3.0 (Siege)|
The War Club is effective against cavalry and light infantry. It does melee damage and has a relatively good siege attack. Use the war club as a cavalry counter and a light infantry counter.The War Club acts like a Pikeman to the Sioux with slightly more attack versus other units except cavalry.
It can be combined with Cetan Bows to form a cheap combo to take out infantry and cavalry. It can however be defeated by cavalry with a large amount of Hitpoints and splash damage such the Cuirassier, Mahout Lancer and the Spahi or cavalry with a bonus against infantry like Lancer, Jat Lancer, etc.
Unit upgrades Edit
War Hut upgrades Edit
- Elite Upgrade 25% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
- Champion Upgrade 25% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
- Legendary Upgrade 50% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
Arsenal upgrades Edit
If the player sends the New Ways card (available in the Colonial Age and unlocked in the level ten Home City), receive arsenal technologies at the teepee that can improve the War Clubs.
- Infantry Breastplate: War Clubs' +10% hit points.
Home City upgrade cards Edit
- Aggressive Policy: enables the War Clubs to build War Huts, Teepees and Corrals.
- Wind Runner: War Clubs and all Sioux infantrymen get +10% speed.
- TEAM Infantry Hitpoints: sent by a Dutch ally; War Clubs receive +15% hit points.
- TEAM Hand Infantry Attack: sent by a Spanish ally; War Clubs receive +15% attack.
- TEAM Scout Infantry: sent by an Iroquois ally; all War Clubs get +8 line of sight.
"The Sioux constructed their war clubs out of a variety of substances: stone, wood, bone, antlers, horn, and sometimes incorporated steel blades. The one consistent feature was an efficacy in combat. One blow from one of these deadly weapons could cripple or kill a grizzly bear, let alone a human opponent."
In other languages Edit
Spanish: Garrote de Guerra
- The weapon used by the War Club unit is a gunstock war club, an indigenous weapon used by Native Americans. Indigenous tribes of America most likely created the design of the club based upon European firearms.