A Unique Building is a special kind of building first introduced in Age of Mythology. Unique buildings are, as the name suggests, only available to a single civilization. They are available in Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms, Age of Mythology, and Age of Empires III.
Age of Empires IIEdit
In Age of Empires II, there are only two unique buildings:
- Feitoria (Portuguese): Slowly generates resources.
- Harbor (Malay): Upgrade of Dock, shoots arrows. Requires Thalassocracy.
Age of MythologyEdit
As there are only five civilizations in the game, there are many more differences between them. For this reason, there are quite a lot unique buildings.
- Ballista Tower
- Citadel (available to worshipers of Sekhmet)
- Citadel Wall
- Lumber Camp
- Migdol Stronghold
- Mining Camp
- Siege Works
- Sky Passage (available to worshipers of Oranos)
- Bronze Wall
- Economic Guild
- Iron Wall
- Hesperides Tree (available to worshipers of Theia)
- Mirror Tower (Age of Mythology) (available to worshipers of Helios)
- Military Barracks
- Mirror Tower
- Orichalkos Wall
Age of Empires III Edit
While quite rare in the original Age of Empires III, with the two expansion packs unique buildings became quite a common sight.