|The Dragon Spreads His Wings|
|Course of campaign|
|Next||The Return of the Dragon|
The Dragon Spreads His Wings is the first scenario of the Dracula campaign in The Forgotten expansion of Age of Empires II. In this scenario, Vlad Dracula begins his quest of reclaiming his father's territory, Wallachia, by promising to rule as Sultan Murad II's vassal, and allying with Voivod Danislav, Voivod Jakub, and Voivod Istvan to fight Vladislav II.
- Dracula must survive.
Main Objectives Edit
- Bring Dracula to Sultan Murad II at his castle of Edirne and select the sultan to speak with him.
- Board the ship at the Edirne docks.
- Bring Dracula to the chieftain of the Wallachian village (marked on the map to the norhtwest) and select the chieftain to speak with him.
- Travel to Voivod Jakub's castle and speak to him. (4.1: Liberate the town to the south by destroying the military tower there and killing the Danesti general. Then return to Jakub.)
- Seek out Voivod Danislav. (5.1: Travel to Danislav's city (marked on the map to the northwest) and liberate it by destroying all the miliary buildings there (barracks, archery range, stable and blacksmith) and killing all enemy troops. Then return to Danislav.)
- Seek Voivod Istvan in his city to the far north. (6.1 In 3 minutes, Vladislav II will attack Istvan's city. Defeat the attacking forces and then raze his military camp to the southeast to the ground. Then return to Istvan.)
- Defeat Vladislav's II army.
- Sail east to Moldova and disembark at their harbor. Garrison all four lords in the castle and speak to its lord.
- Ottoman Empire (Turks) - Consists of the city of Edirne (Adrianopolis), as well as of Murad II and his Janissary guard.
- Voivod Jakub (Magyars) - The first Voivod to be encountered, and his domain. Must survive, and has to reach Moldova with the rest of the lords and Dracula in order to win.
- Voivod Istvan (Magyars) - The third Voivod to be encountered, and his domain. Must survive, and has to reach Moldova with the rest of the lords and Dracula in order to win.
- Voivod Danislav (Slavs) - The second Voivod to be encountered, and his domain. Must survive, and has to reach Moldova with the rest of the lords and Dracula in order to win.
- Local Wallachians (Huns) - Not relevant to the gameplay, outside of the first village encountered.
Enemy to ally to enemy Edit
- Vladislav II (Magyars) - The main enemy of this scenario, their forces cause trouble to the local lords, and the player must destroy various of their forces, in order for the lords to support Dracula with troops. Also, commands the final army that must be destroyed, as well some Galleys that guard the waters between Moldova and Wallachia.
Neutral to enemy Edit
- Hungary (Magyars) - They will attack once the player comes close to crushing the final army of Vladislav II. Hungary's forces consist of a massive cavalry force, made up of heavy cavalry, Magyar Huszars and Cataphracts.
You are playing as Dracula, who is starting alone. You need to see the Ottoman Sultan Murad II outside his castle, before boarding on his Transport Ship to cross the river. You will meet a few Wallachian soldiers who will be yours. Then you need to meet the local chief at a Wallachian village nearby, and he will ask you to meet the three Voivods - Danislav, Istvan, and Jakub.
Voivod Danislav, who just fled his city under Vladislav's occupation, will ask you to defeat Vladislav's army there. Kill all the enemies and destroy all the "military buildings" before Dracula returns to meet Danislav, then all of his soldiers become yours, while Danislav disappears.
Voivod Jakub will ask you to destroy the military tower and the general in another small base of Vladislav, south of Jakub's city. You will see a band of guards marching and patrolling on the bridge, so you should click on the market in the Wallachian village to obtain a "powdered cart", and bring the cart into the enemy base. At this moment you become 'allied' with Vladislav. The cart may have trouble crossing the bridge, being obstructed by the marching guards, so you must manually charge him forward. Then bring the cart to the mine at the right to put arson and distract the guards. Then the cart will blow up himself together with the guards. You become 'enemies' with Vladislav again. Fulfill Jakub's tasks and return to him, obtain his troops.
You will encounter some enemies before reaching Istvan's base. You will obtain some of his units, while he asks you to help him defend against Vladislav's army. Then you must destroy all the buildings in the enemy base in the southeast of Istvan's base.
Bring your troops to move further southeast and meet the three Voivods there again. You become 'allied' with Vladislav again and you have 3 minutes to prepare for a battle. Make sure all your 4 heroes survive.
As Vladislav's army is losing the battle, the Hungarian army comes in, and your 4 lords must flee and board on a transport ship and meet another Local Wallachian lord at the eastern tip. Garrison all your 4 heroes into the castle and you win the scenario.