- Wallachians (Slavs)
Ally → enemy → ally → enemy Edit
- Ottoman Army (Turks) is the first opponent the player will encounter. They are in control of Giurgiu, a walled town, which is in the middle of the map. The army will arrive the forest in the northwest at the 90th second, and the player is supposed to ambush them and attack. Later the player has to send Vlad Dracula and four soldiers to capture Giurgiu by garrisoning into their Castle (the diplomacy is 'ally' again after the ambush battle and while Dracula is on the way to Giurgiu). If either the castle is taken down, or the guards in Giurgiu discovered Dracula's plot, the diplomacy is set to 'enemy' again. There are a few Guard Towers and a Bombard Tower in Giurgiu, which the player can garrison either Dracula or any of the four soldiers to take over the tower. Besides that, Giurgiu has a Town Center, a Barracks, a Market, a Blacksmith, two Docks, several Houses, as well as two Mills outside the town. The player will take over the entire Giurgiu after defeating the Ottoman guards in Giurgiu.
- Darstor (Turks) is located in the southeast of the map, and being the primary force of the five Ottoman towns to be subdued by the player, after capturing Giurgiu. They rely on Orsova (wood ) , Rahova (gold ), Novoselo (food ) and Obluciza (stone ) for resources, in order to build a formidable force. To defeat them, destroy their Castle and Mosque.
Enemies to allies Edit
Each of the following towns will become 'allies' with the player and pay a token of tributes after their main building is destroyed.
These towns are supplying Darstor with resources to build up their military, and subduing each of these towns would sabotage the supply.
- Novoselo (Slavs) is located in the east of the map, on the south/right bank of the Danube River. They supply food for Darstor, which is crucial to build an army. To subdue them, destroy their Town Center.
- Obluciza (Slavs) is located in the east, somewhere north of Novoselo. They supply stone for Darstor. To subdue them, destroy their Castle.
- Orsova (Magyars) is located in the southwest of the map, near the spot where the Cerna River meets the Danube River on the left. They are the greatest threat out of the four supply towns, as they frequently invade Giurgiu with Knights and Cavalry Archers. They supply wood for Darstor, which is crucial to build ships. To subdue them, destroy their castle.
- Rahova (Slavs) is located in the south, on the right bank of the Danube River. They supply gold for Darstor, which is crucial to create Janissaries. To subdue them, destroy their Town Center.
Vlad Dracula is leading his army on the path in the northwest of the map, discussing their plan of an assault on the Ottoman army. The Hand Cannoneers suggest to have them ambush in the forest on the eastern side of the path so that the enemies would not know what hits them, while the Hussars suggest to ambush on the western side of the path and prepare to assault from there. Note that the Ottoman army would arrive in 90 seconds time, and if the player has any unit standing in the middle of the path, the ambush would fail and the casualty would be greater. The Ottoman army will have two Bombard Cannons which will come last, though easy to be taken down, they are a great threat to opponents standing close together. The player shall place all ranged units together in the east, while all melee units in the west.
After a bloody fight that annihilated the Ottoman army, Dracula is set to take down Ottoman-controlled Giurgiu, in the middle of the map. The player would have to travel southeast along the path and see a Trade Carts, which the player is to chase after and nab it. Dracula will disguise himself as a trader (technically a King) while there would be two Pikemen and two hand cannoneers hiding in the trade cart. The player shall bring both Dracula and the trade cart into Giurgiu. The rest of Dracula's army would be left behind, waiting for Dracula's signal.
Upon entering Giurgiu, the trade cart will be deleted and the four soldiers will come out. Dracula manages to enter, with his ability to speak Turkish. While the player's aim is to capture the Castle, the player shall capture the towers by garrisoning any of the five units into each tower. However the player must try not to have the four soldiers together, as if they enter the corner on the right of the Town Center and there is any Ottoman soldier there, they would raise suspicion of the Ottoman guard. If Dracula himself gets near the broken bridge where there is an Ottoman Cavalier, the cavalier will also be suspicious, as the 'trader' looks familiar to him. If any of the player's unit attempts to get near the castle while the Janissary is there, he would be stopped by the Janissary and being ordered to turn back. Whenever the player raises suspicion by any Ottoman guard, the unit must leave the sight as soon as possible or else after 15 seconds the Ottomans will get alarmed and begin fighting the player. Though technically optional, it is advisable that the player captures the tower in the middle of the river, on the eastern side of the broken bridge, in order to take down the Janissary banner and distract the enraged Janissaries, so it would be much easier to capture the castle.
As the player captures the castle, signal would be sent to Dracula's army and they would rush to Giurgiu, and the Ottomans would be alarmed and another fighting would be on. Therefore, the player must defeat the Ottoman guards in order to capture the entire Giurgiu. The player should destroy the two Battering Rams first, as they are a great threat to the castle and towers, and the player must keep the castle standing till the end of the game.
Once Giurgiu is captured, the player shall prepare to conquer the five remaining Ottoman towns - Darstor, Orsova, Rahova, Novoselo, and Obluciza. Darstor is the main force of the town, but must rely on the other four towns for resources, therefore the player should conquer the four smaller towns to sabotage the enemy supplies. By conquering any of the four supply towns, they would beg for peace with the player and pay a token of tributes. Orsova is supplying wood for Darstor, Rahova is supplying gold, Novoselo is supplying food, and Obluciza is supplying stone. The player should take down Obluciza and Rahova as soon as possible, to mine in their abundance of Stone Mines and Gold Mines.