Forced to mine gold for the Spaniards they are more than happy to help Morgan drive out the Spanish.
In the "The Circle of Ossus" cutscene, the player sees Morgan debriefing one of his commanders, however the report is soon interrupted by the desperate screams of a scout exiting the jungle. In pursuit of him is a white Jaguar such as the one seen earlier on the shore of the peninsula, however the soldiers and Morgan act as though it's the first one they have ever seen.
- Build a Trading Post at the Aztec village.
- Build a Town Center
- At least one Aztec Temple must remain standing.
- Find and Destroy the Spanish Town Center.
Secondary objectives Edit
- Save more than one Temple.
- Rescue more Aztec prisoners. (300 XP)
- Knights of St John (Knights of St. John) - The player starts with Morgan Black, four Hussars, four Hoop Throwers and six Crossbowmen in the Colonial Age.
- Miners (Miners) - This player represents the Aztec prisoners that are forced to mine gold for the Spanish. When nearby enemy units and buildings have been destroyed, they turn either into Aztec Eagle Warriors or into Aztec Jaguar Warriors.
- Aztecs (Iroquois) - This player represents the three Aztec Temples that must be guarded from the Spanish, as well as some Aztec defenders.
- Spanish (Spanish) - The enemy for this scenario, they have a base to the northeast corner of the map, including a Town Center, multiple Outposts and walls. They also have forces all around the map, usually guarding the Aztec prisoners. When the player finishes the Trading Post and starts guarding the Temples, they will attack with mixed forces, including Pikemen, Crossbowmen, Rodeleros and Lancers.
The player begins with Morgan Black, 4 Hussars, 4 Hoop Throwers and 6 Crossbowmen. They will also soon gain four legendary Aztec warriors, by freeing some Aztec slaves on their way towards the Aztec settlement.
One location is much easier to defend than three, the Spanish will always build their Fort near the northern temple while attacking the eastern temple with a large army. Stopping the eastern attack is easier than preventing the Fort from being built (which does not immediately threaten the northern temple).
- Note: Starting Age: - The player begins in the Colonial Age.
- Note: Difficulty - On the easy and normal difficulties it is possible to save two or even all three temples.
- Note: Natives - The natives on this map are the Aztec. The Aztec upgrade which ships chests of coin for every 2 minutes of game time is enabled on this map. All native military upgrades are already purchased for the Aztec when the player finishes the trading post, they are highly effective due to their legendary status.
- Note: Water - Age up with The Admiral of the Sea, the double caravels add even more cannon power to the defense of the southern temple and the wood helps with the outpost construction costs.
- Note: Walls - They cannot be constructed during this battle.
- If the player leaves the scenario running to farm experience, the cutscene following the battle may freeze; pressing the Escape key will skip it moving the player to the next scene and battle.