|This article is about the siege weapons in Age of Mythology. For siege weapons in other games of the series, see Siege unit.|
|This page or section may need to be cleaned up to reach a higher standard of quality.
Each civilization in Age of Mythology has three unique siege units. Two of those are on land and excel at the destruction of enemy buildings. They can also be used against infantry and archers, thought they are somewhat expensive and/or fragile and should be protected. The third siege unit is the siege ship, which is good against arrow ships and buildings.
In addition to these regular siege weapons, many myth units can be used very effectively against buildings. Examples include the Colossus, Cyclops, Mountain Giant, Einherjar, Scarab, and the Behemoth.
- Helepolis: Ranged siege tower which can transport units.
- Petrobolos: Catapult which fires multiple rocks.
- Juggernaut: Siege ship.
- Siege Tower: Uses a ram to tear down buildings. Garrisoned units fire arrows.
- Catapult: Similar to the catapult and stone thrower from Age of Empires. High range and high damage against fortifications.
- War Barge: Siege ship.
- Portable Ram: Melee siege weapon almost immune to arrows. Strong versus buildings, but very weak against units. Akin to the Battering Ram from Age of Empires II.
- Ballista: Very-long range siege unit, strong against ships, infantry and archers. Moderately effective against buildings.
- Dragon Ship: Siege ship.
- Cheiroballista: Anti-infantry siege weapon.
- Fire Siphon: Short-ranged but robust flame thrower.
- Destroyer: Infantry unit with a strong attack against buildings.
- Siege Bireme: Siege ship.
- Onager: Added in Tale of the Dragon, a long-range siege unit similar to a Ballista, but better against buildings and weaker against units.
- Sitting Tiger: A long ranged siege unit similar to catapult.
- Fire Lance: A siege infantry like Destroyer but utilizes ranged attacks.
- Siege Junk: Siege ship.
Anti-building human units Edit
- Hoplite (Zeus): Zeus Hoplites does x2.
- Gastraphetes (Hades): Have 6 crush attack, with Burning Pitch does x3.
- Hetairoi (Poseidon): x3.5.
Anti-building myth units Edit
Siege weapons are not only unit effective at demolishing buildings quickly, some myth units may be used as siege weapon alternative too.
Titan is a common myth unit for all civilization that is very effective against buildings. Some water myth units are good against building too, since we do not see them to be used against building in most of games, those are not in the list below.
Anti-siege human units Edit
Villagers do +100% damage against siege. Other units with bonus damage against siege are:
- Prodromos: x2.5
- Spearman: x2
- Raiding Cavalry: x2
- Katapeltes: x2.5