|Description||Target one of your own or an allied Town Center to be protected by stone guardians.|
|First appearance||Age of Mythology|
|Base hit points||250|
|Line of Sight||26|
|Range damage||Pierce (11)|
The Sentinels are stone archers which fire at any enemies within their considerable range. Although they are immobile and made of stone and have armor stats comparable to buildings, Sentinels benefit from archer upgrades as they are considered archers – just not human ones.
God Bonuses and Upgrades Edit
Hades increases attack by 10%.
- Sun Ray (Apollo) increases attack by 10%.
- Oracle (Apollo) increases LOS by 6.
- Shafts of Plague (Artemis) increases attack by 15%.
- Burning Pitch increases attack against buildings by 600% and against ships by 50%.
- Medium Archers, Heavy Archers, and Champion Archers all increase LOS by 1, attack by 10%, and hit points by 10%.
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
Sentinels have decent attacking and defensive attributes. This power is useful early in the game, as the statues can quickly kill enemy scouts, and can support units when defending a town. They are not as useful from the Heroic Age as they are easily destroyed by siege weapons. Sentinel is also effective against a rush. Placing Sentinels early in the game then building other defensive structures such as towers and walls to protect the Town Center is useful for a turtling strategy. Sentinels are also useful to defend a recently built Town Center other than the initial one. If there is an object blocking the place where the Sentinel would be created, the Sentinel will be created at the closest available space next to the object, if possible, otherwise, no Sentinel will be created, this is why it is important to keep the area around a Town Center clear.
"Hades jealously guards his subterranean realm. His dark kingdom is surrounded by dangerous rivers and guarded by fearsome creatures. These sentinels, most often seen around settlements favored by the dark god, defend his interests above ground as fiercely as he defends his interests below ground."—In-game help section
- With the use of cheats, Sentinel can only be invoked twice per Town Center resulting in a maximum of eight Sentinels per Town Center.