The biggest advantage of the Scythe Chariot over the regular Chariot is its ability to provide Trample Damage the ability to damage buildings adjacent to the unit or building it is actually attacking. Thus they can be a nice alternative to a War Elephant, preventing enemy villagers from fleeing to a far location and restarting their town.
Just like its regular counterpart, the Scythe Chariots deals double attack towards Priests and are highly resistant towards enemy conversion.
Scythe Chariot is an uncommon unit and only available for the following civilizations:
- Note: Assyrians cannot upgrade their chariots into Scythe chariots
- Metalworking: Increases attack by 2 points.
- Scale Armor: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Nobility: Increases hit points by 15%.
- Note: Nobility is the prerequisite for upgrading Chariots to Scythe Chariots so they will be having it automatically added
Civilization Bonuses EditEgyptians are the only civilization with a bonus that concerns chariots
- Egyptian Scythe Chariots have 33% more HP
- Scythe Chariot is not available for Carthaginians, Choson, Greeks (Age of Empires), Assyrians, Macedonians, Minoans, Persians and Yamato
During the Bronze Age, chariots are widely used in combat throughout Asia. Chariots became less popular by the beginning of the last millennium BC as improvements in cavalry took over, but they did not disappear completely. Some armies continued to use them and they remained a symbol of prestige. To make chariots more effective and fearsome, scythe blades were attached to the axles. As the chariot moved, the blades rotated through the air. The Persians attempted to use Scythe Chariots against Alexander the Great, but the weapon made little impression on the disciplined phalanxes.
Releated Articles Edit
|Age of Empires Units|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|