|Research and Technology|
|Game||The Age of Kings|
|Course of Campaign|
|Previous||Training the Troops|
|Next||The Battle of Stirling|
Scenario Instructions Edit
Starting Conditions Edit
- Starting Age: Dark Age
- Starting resources: 200 Wood, 450 Food, 250 Gold, 200 Stone
- Population limit: 75
- Starting units:
- Gaia units: None
- To win, you will need to advance to the Feudal Age and repel the English raids.
- Your soldiers will automatically attack any enemy soldiers that get near them. You can also select your soldiers and right-click on a specific enemy unit you want to attack.
- Player (Celts): The player starts with a small village in the center of the map.
- British (Britons): The British are the only enemy. They attack the player twice, with Militia and a Knight. They are easily defeated.
When the game starts, send all of the player's seven Villagers near the Town Center to gather food from Sheep. Use the other Villager to construct any Dark Age building (Mill, Mining Camp, Lumber Camp, or Dock). The player's Villagers need a little time to gather the missing 50 food for the Feudal Age, so research Loom in the meantime. Once the player has 500 food, advance to the Feudal Age. On the way there, the player will be attacked by three English Militia. Kill them with the own Militia. Ring the Town Bell if necessary. Once the Feudal Age is reached, upgrade the player's Militia to Men-at-Arms at the Barracks. Shortly after the research is completed, the English will attack again, this time with two Militia and a Knight. They are no match for the player's Men-at-Arms. Once they are dead, the scenario is won.
- The English are referred to as British on screen (but are still referred to as English by the instructor).
- As with other missions, there is a way to win the game without completing these objectives. All a player must do is cut their way out of the forest surrounding their base. Outside is a desert area. March a small group of Villagers up to the northwest region, where a lone British soldier is surrounded by trees. Cut down the trees and kill the soldier to win. Still, it is faster and easier to complete the objectives listed above.
- Throughout the game, the speed cannot be changed.