Puma Spearman in game
|First Appearance||The WarChiefs|
|Cost||50 Food |
|Age Available||Colonial Age|
|Base Hit Points||135|
|Resists||20% vs. Hand|
|Melee Multipliers||x5.0 vs. Cavalry|
x3.0 vs. Abstract Infantry
|R.O.F.||1.5 / 3.0 (Siege)|
Armed with a spear, the Puma Spearman is effective against cavalry and buildings. It is the Aztec version of the European Pikeman though it is stronger in combat (50% more attack, and 12,5% more hit points) but slightly more expensive and costs food and coin rather than food and wood.
- Elite Upgrade 25% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
- Champion Upgrade 25% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
- Legendary Upgrade 50% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
Home City Shipments Edit
- 8 Puma Spearmen
- 6 Puma Spearmen
- Temple Xochipilli (12 Puma Spearmen and Puma Spearman speed increased 20%)
- The shape of the Puma Spearman's spear differs from European and Asian design.
To the Aztecs, the puma was a respected predator and held religious significance within their pantheon of gods. The Spanish recorded that Montezuma kept a puma-like creature called the cuitlamiztli (or wolf-cat) in his private zoo. Mexican legends refer to the existence of the onza, a long-legged and extremely aggressive cat native to the region.