Armed with a spear, the Puma Spearman is effective against cavalry and buildings. It is the Aztec version of the European Pikeman though it is stronger in combat (50% more attack, 12,5% more hit points and double melee resistance) but slightly more expensive and costs food and coin rather than food and wood. Pikemen cannot be upgraded beyond Veteran level and are replaced by Halberdiers in later Ages. Puma Spearmen, however, have access to Elite, Champion, and Legendary upgrades. Even though they have less health than a Halberdier they have a greater multiplier against cavalry. Temple Xochipilli shipment (increases speed to 6) make them even more dangerous because it allows them to better defend Macehulatins from flanking cavalry or defend villagers from raiding.
- Elite Upgrade 25% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
- Champion Upgrade 25% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
- Legendary Upgrade 50% Effect (+HP & +Damage)
Home City shipments Edit
- 8 Puma Spearmen
- 6 Puma Spearmen
- Ruthlessness (adds 0.5 bonus against villager)
- Temple Xochipilli (12 Puma Spearmen and Puma Spearman speed increased 20%)
- The shape of the Puma Spearman's spear differs from the European and Asian design.
- Puma Spearmen are in the "Siege Trooper" unit class, which means they takes less damage from most defensive buildings, but take more damage from panic units like European Minuteman, and native warriors.
"In Aztec society, membership in the calpulli established each individual's religious and secular schooling, as well as how they would be trained in warfare. The men of a calpulli served together in battle and on the numerous public works projects. Their soldiers wielded weapons of wood and stone, and they often sought prisoners to be sacrificed in religious ceremonies.
To the Aztecs, the puma was a respected predator and held religious significance within their pantheon of gods. The Spanish recorded that Montezuma kept a puma-like creature called the cuitlamiztli (or wolf-cat) in his private zoo. Mexican legends refer to the existence of the onza, a long-legged and extremely aggressive cat native to the region."