- Astrology allows Priests to convert faster
- Mysticism doubles Priest hit points
- Polytheism makes Priests move 40% faster
- Fanaticism allows Priests to rejuvenate from a conversion 50% faster
- Monotheism enables Priests to convert enemy Priests and Buildings
- Afterlife increases conversion range by +3
- Medicine increases healing rate
- Martyrdom enables priest to instantly convert an enemy unit (not buildings or enemy priests) by sacrificing his life.
Civilization Bonuses Edit
- Egyptian priests have +3 more Range
- Babylonian priests have 30% faster rejuvenation rate
- Choson priests are 30% cheaper
- Note: Of all the Civilizations, only the Macedonians lack Priests, since they are unable to build Temples
- Sometimes when a unit attacks the enemy near an elephant within the vicinity of an enemy priest, there is a glitch that may occasionally occur where a priest will attempt to convert the elephant instead of the attacking unit. The conversion will be unsuccessful and the priest may also perish to the attacking player's advantage. This glitch only applies if the enemy is controlled by the computer.
- There is a cheat code that grants Priests 600 HP and absurdly fast movement by typing HOYOHOYO into the chat box. Note that these statistics can be further improved to 1200 HP and even greater speed by activating the cheat code prior to researching Mysticism and Polytheism.
The acceptance of gods and goddesses associated with complex religions required the provision of priests (and priestesses) who acted as representatives of the gods among the people. Priests developed and conducted rituals, interpreted the demands of gods, taught and enforced the religious laws, and sought new believers. Particularly effective priests, or those representing a potent religion, were thought capable of healing.
See also Edit
|Age of Empires Units|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|