The Palmyans are primarily an economic civilization and are best if used in booming stategies since their bonuses are primarily economic. This makes the Palmyrans a quick civilization to begin with and it also allows them to implement rushes early in the game. The Palmyrans are best if used up to the Bronze Age since this is where their military bonuses comes into the picture. Their faster Camel Rider speed allows them to take down enemy cavalry more effectively than other civilizations but their power will become overshadowed once the Iron Age comes into play since Camel Riders are ineffective against many units from the Iron Age. To some players, their civilization bonuses are deemed useless and unnecessary since they do not have any bonuses suited for warfare and conquest as the game progresses beyond the Bronze Age. However, they can still be very powerful in the Iron Age due to having Heavy Horse Archer, Scythe Chariot, Armored Elephant, Heavy Catapult, Fortification and Ballista Tower, but they are missing some key upgrades from the Market, Government Center and Storage Pit. If the computer controls this civilization in Iron Age with sufficient amount of surplus resources on land as in deathmatches, their entire army will consist of Armored Elephants and Heavy Catapults.
Strengths & WeaknessesEdit
- Possess a stable economic edge throughout the game.
- Can implement rushes earlier than regular civilizations.
- Great for Random Map mode of the game.
- The Booming strategy is effective if played as this civilization.
- Not as powerful in deathmatches.
- Lack some powerful Iron Age technologies.
- High Villager cost can be hurtful if Villagers are not used properly in early game.
- Lack powerful military bonuses past the Bronze Age.