Attack Bonus Edit
God Bonuses and Upgrades Edit
Zeus makes all infantry do double damage to buildings, including Myrmidons.
- Medium Infantry, Heavy Infantry, and Champion Infantry all increase LOS by 1 and attack by 10%, and increase hit points by 10%, 15% and 20% respectively.
- Levy Infantry and Conscript Infantry decrease training time by 20%.
- Weapon of the Titans (Hephaestus) increases attack by 20%.
- Beast Slayer (The Titans) increases attack against myth units by 50%.
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
- Oracle (Apollo) increases LOS by 6.
- Bacchanalia (Dionysus) increases hit points by 5%.
Myrmidons have attack bonuses against all non-Greek human soldiers and are very dangerous in close quarters. Most infantry and cavalry units will not be able to stand against them. However, Myrmidons do not get a bonus against counter-infantry, so they are just as vulnerable to them as other infantrymen. Otherwise, players can counter them with stronger Myth Units or attack at a distance with archers. In The Titans, the population cost for Myrmidons is increased to 3, though they are still superior to Hoplites in almost every way. If Beast Slayer is researched, Myrmidons gain additional damage against Myth Units as well. Also, as human soldiers, they fight well against heroes. Against Greek opponents, they are of course rather ordinary.
When the city of Aegnia was depopulated by a plague, Aeacus, its king, prayed to the gods that the ants infesting an oak tree be turned into people to repopulate his kingdom. Thus the ants became Myrmidons. They later followed Achilles to the Trojan War and were particularly noted for carrying out his orders pitilessly and without question, no matter how cruel. Today the word has come to mean a subordinate who carries out orders without question.