A Mapuche settlement
|Age of Empires III|
|Unique Units||Mapuche ironwood clubman|
|Technologies||Mapuche warrior societies|
Mapuche Treaty of Quillin
Mapuche upgrades focus on increasing an allies gold reserves and anti-building attacks.
Mapuche Ad-mapu (Discovery Age)
Mapuche Tactics (Discovery Age)
Mapuche Treaty of Quillan (Discovery Age)
- Ships a crate of 100 Coin for every two minutes of game time, up to half an hour.
- Cost: 225 Food, 225 Wood
Mapuche Warrior Societies (Fortress Age)
Mapuche Champions (Industrial Age)
- Mapuche Ad-mapu has been patched, reducing coin costs by 10% instead of 20%.
- Mapuche tactics is strong for any civilization, however it is especially powerful for:
- The Japanese, boosting their basic samurai anti-building attack to 100 (122 with Onin War) and the ashigaru musketeers to 31 (38 with Onin War).
- The Aztecs, because they do not have cavalry and artillery, and combined with Scorched Earth the total damage inflicted by the arrow knight and jaguar prowl knights becomes 72, without unit upgrades.
- The Germans, combined with Solingen Steel the total damage inflicted by the doppelsoldner is increased to 120, without unit upgrades.
- The Sioux, because they have the Fire Dance, their infantry will become potent building destroyers.
- All native tribes can only be upgraded to Legendary/Exalted status at the Town Center or Capitol, they can be upgraded to Elite/Disciplined or Champion/Honored for free through some Home City shipments.
- Civilizations can remove the upgrade gold costs, or cut the upgrade costs in half depending on their home city cards.
"The Mapuche lived in the modern-day countries of Argentina and Chile and were among that region's first settlers. Hunting, gathering, and small farm plots where they cultivated crops such as potatoes provided most of their food. The Mapuche typically lived in small, widespread communities oriented around family units. Their homes, known as rukas, were wooden huts with thatched roofs. In times of war, the Mapuche would band together for protection in larger groups and choose a “toqui” as leader.
The relative stability the Mapuche lived in for centuries was shattered by the encroach of the Spanish during the sixteenth century. The Spanish believed they could easily conquer the Mapuche and their lands. They were mistaken.
The Mapuche were fierce warriors, skilled with the hand axe, and consistently battled back the Spanish. After more than a century of warfare, the Spanish admitted defeat and signed a treaty granting the Mapuche rights to their own lands."
They speak Mapudungun, an isolated language which means it is unrelated to any language.
- kümel alright (move)
- chem? "what?"
- yafün strength (attack)
|Civilizations & Allies|
|Age of Empires III|
|Civilizations||Aztecs · British · Chinese · Dutch · French · Germans · Indians · Iroquois · Japanese · Ottomans · Portuguese · Russians · Sioux · Spanish|
|American Natives||Apache* · Carib · Cherokee · Cheyenne* · Comanche · Cree · Huron* · Incas · Klamath* · Mapuche* · Maya · Navajo* · Nootka · Seminole · Tupi · Zapotec* (Former: Aztecs · Iroquois · Lakota)|
|Asian Natives||Bhakti Temple · Jesuit Mission · Shaolin Temple · Sufi Mosque · Udasi Temple · Zen Temple|