The Mapuche Trading Post icon
|Unique Units||Mapuche Ironwood Clubman|
Mapuche Treaty of Quillin
Mapuche Warrior Societies
The Mapuche are a Native American tribe featured in Age of Empires III, introduced in The WarChiefs expansion. Like all natives, they can be allied with by building a Trading Post at their Trading Post site.
The Mapuche are only available on the Araucania map.
Mapuche upgrades focus on increasing Coin reserves and anti-building attacks.
|Mapuche Ad-mapu||250 Wood, 250 Coin||Units cost -10% Coin|
|Mapuche Tactics||200 Wood, 200 Food||Infantry get +50% siege attack|
|Mapuche Treaty of Quilin||225 Wood, 225 Food||Ships 100 Coin for every 2 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes|
|Mapuche Warrior Societies||200 Wood, 150 Coin||Upgrades Mapuche Ironwood Clubmen to Elite|
|Champion Mapuche||400 Wood, 300 Coin||Upgrades Mapuche Ironwood Clubmen to Champion|
- Mapuche Ad-mapu has been patched, reducing coin costs by 10% instead of 20%.
- Mapuche Tactics is strong for any civilization, however it is especially powerful for:
- The Russians, especially when combined with the Ransack Home City card that gives infantry +50% anti-building attack.
- The Japanese, boosting their basic Samurai anti-building attack to 100 (122 with Onin War) and Ashigaru Musketeers to 31 (38 with Onin War).
- The Aztecs, because they do not have cavalry and artillery, and combined with Scorched Earth the total damage inflicted by Arrow Knights and Jaguar Prowl Knights becomes 72, without unit upgrades.
- The Germans, combined with Solingen Steel the total damage inflicted by Doppelsoldners is increased to 120, without unit upgrades.
- The Sioux, because they have the Fire Dance, their infantry will become potent building destroyers.
They speak Mapudungun, which is an isolated language (not related to any language).
- Kümel ("alright", move)
- Chem? (what?)
- Yafün ("strength", attack)
"The Mapuche lived in the modern-day countries of Argentina and Chile and were among that region's first settlers. Hunting, gathering, and small farm plots where they cultivated crops such as potatoes provided most of their food. The Mapuche typically lived in small, widespread communities oriented around family units. Their homes, known as rukas, were wooden huts with thatched roofs. In times of war, the Mapuche would band together for protection in larger groups and choose a “toqui” as leader.
The relative stability the Mapuche lived in for centuries was shattered by the encroach of the Spanish during the sixteenth century. The Spanish believed they could easily conquer the Mapuche and their lands. They were mistaken.
The Mapuche were fierce warriors, skilled with the hand axe, and consistently battled back the Spanish. After more than a century of warfare, the Spanish admitted defeat and signed a treaty granting the Mapuche rights to their own lands."
|Civilizations & Allies|
|Age of Empires III|
|European Civilizations||British · Dutch · French · Germans · Ottomans · Portuguese · Russians · Spanish|
|American Civilizations*||Aztecs · Iroquois · Sioux|
|Asian Civilizations**||Chinese · Indians · Japanese|
|American Natives||Apache* · Carib · Cherokee · Cheyenne* · Comanche · Cree · Huron* · Incas · Klamath* · Mapuche* · Maya · Navajo* · Nootka · Seminole · Tupi · Zapotec* (Former: Aztecs · Iroquois · Lakota)|
|Religious Communities**||Bhakti Temple · Jesuit Mission · Shaolin Temple · Sufi Mosque · Udasi Temple · Zen Temple|
|* = The Warchiefs, ** = The Asian Dynasties|