|This article is about the building in Age of Empires II. For the building in Age of Mythology, see Lumber Camp (Age of Mythology).|
|Introduced In||The Age of Kings|
|Construction Time||35 seconds|
|Use|| Drop off wood|
Research logging technologies
|Hit Points|| 600|
|Melee Armor|| 0|
|Pierce Armor|| 7|
|Armor Classes|| Building|
|Line of Sight||6|
"Used to deposit wood and research wood-gathering improvements."—Age of Empires II description
Tactics and Placement Edit
It is advantageous to build Lumber Camps near forests so that the Villagers have the shortest possible walking distance to drop off their chopped wood. Leaving one tile between the edge of the forest and the Lumber Camp is most efficient if there are at least three Lumberjacks working on that Lumber Camp. In order to keep the walking distances short and the wood-chopping efficiency high, new Lumber Camps should be built when the Villagers start to have longer ways, so the Villagers can 'dig' into the forest.
As in the dark age the most valuable resources are wood and food most players build a lumber camp very early on the game once they chopped out all the trees around the town center (that in most maps are 3 or 4). As this building only cost 100 wood it is used also to cover the building prerequisite to age up to Feudal Age, along with the Mill and this is the cheapest way to cover this requisite.
Further Statistics Edit
|Building Strengths and Weaknesses|
|Hit Points||Masonry, Architecture|
|Line of Sight||Town Watch, Town Patrol|
|Conversion Defense||Faith, Heresy|
|Construction Speed||Treadmill Crane|
Civilization Bonuses Edit
- Burmese: Researching Faith is 50% cheaper.
- Byzantines: Lumber Camps have +10%/+20%/+30%/+40% HP in the Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age. Town Watch is free.
- Chinese: Technologies that benefit Lumber Camps are 10%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age. Lumber Camp technologies are 10%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Japanese: Lumber Camps are 50% cheaper.
- Malians: Lumber Camps are 15% cheaper.
- Persians: Researching Town Watch and Town Patrol is 10%/15%/20% faster in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Spanish: Lumber Camps are built 30% faster.
Team Bonuses Edit
The Age of Kings Edit
- Lumber Camps always have 1000 HP.
The Conquerors Edit
- Heresy introduced.
The Forgotten Edit
- Lumber Camp HP staggered: 600/800/1000/1000 in the Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
The great forests of Dark Age Europe were an important natural resource that was converted into wood for building and firewood for fuel. Lumber was cut from tree logs at a lumber camp. The early lumber camps were highly labor-intensive. A log was laid perpendicular to the ground above a pit. With one man above ground and one in the pit, a long iron saw was used to rip boards from the log. In the Middle Ages, better technology was developed to use water or animal power to drive iron saws and increase productivity.
|Age of Empires II Buildings|
|Town Center · Dock · Harbor · Monastery · University · Market · Blacksmith · Wonder · Mill · Lumber Camp · Mining Camp · House · Farm · Fish Trap · Feitoria|
|Barracks · Archery Range · Stable · Castle · Siege Workshop|
|Towers||Outpost · Watch Tower · Guard Tower · Keep · Bombard Tower|
|Walls||Palisade Wall · Stone Wall · Fortified Wall · Palisade Gate · Gate|