The Line of Sight, often abbreviated to LOS, is a gameplay element in most strategy games.
The line of sight is the visible and clear area around a friendly unit or building that clears away the black (unexplored) areas or fog of war. The amount of LOS is determined by the unit type, though most games feature units that are specifically focused on the role of scouting.
LOS can be a very powerful weapon if utilized properly, while those who ignore scouting during gameplay will usually find themselves an easy target for the opposition.
LOS can be upgraded with the following Technologies:
Age of Empires II Edit
Age of Empires III Edit
- Town Watch (+2 LOS to units)
- Gas Lighting (+4 LOS to buildings)
- TEAM Inquisition (Spanish, +10 LOS to all units)
- TEAM Cavalry Scouts (Russians, +4 LOS to all cavalry)
- TEAM Infantry Scouts (Iroquois, +8 LOS to all infantry)
- Bakufu (Japan, +20 to Daimyo and Shogun LOS)
- Hot Air Balloon & Advanced Hot Air Balloon (Summons a unique scout unit with a LOS of 38.)