|This article is about the unit in Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten. For the unit in Age of Empires, see Legion.|
|Introduced in||The Forgotten|
|Attack bonuses|| +10 vs Infantry|
+10 vs Condottiero
+2 vs Eagle Warrior
+2 vs Standard building
|Rate of Fire||2.03|
|Line of Sight||5|
The Legionary is an untrainable infantry unit that is featured in some campaign games in Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten and is only available in the Scenario Editor. Stat-wise, the Legionary is comparable to the Elite Jaguar Warrior, with major exceptions being the different pierce armor and speed.
Campaign appearances Edit
There are Legionaries appearing throughout the campaign games as enemy troops.
In the first scenario, All Roads Lead to a Besieged City, there are Legionaries serving the "Legions of Rome", most notably those marching in the forest in the east, and those guarding the civilian Docks in the west bank of the river.
In the second scenario, Legionaries on the Horizon!, there are Legionaries serving both the "Legionaries" and "General Mageius' Camp". In the beginning of the game, there are a few Legionaries defeating a group of much weaker Gothic troops. Later, there are other Legionaries among another group of enemy troops, crossing the bridge from the northwest.
In the fourth and final scenario, The Sack of Rome, there are Legionaries in both the "City Guard" (in Rome) and "Imperial Legion" (reinforcements outside Rome). There are several Legionaries coming in attempt to destroy the player's Battering Ram while the player is besieging Rome from the east. Later, among the small groups of reinforcements coming from the southwest heading towards the player's camp (inherited from Athaulf), there is one Legionary in each batch.
There are Legionaries in the second scenario, The Rebellion of Melus, as friendly units, renamed as "Tagmata", serving the Byzantine Empire. As Melus sends Michael Nautikos (the player) to meet the leader of Brindisi, he gives the player a group of Legionaries.
- The Sprites for the Legionary come from Rome at War, a famous mod that replaced the Aztecs and Mayans with Romans and Greeks, respectively.
- The Legionary appears to be carrying an Iberian falcata or a Greek kopis rather than a gladius-type sword.
- Also, real-life Legionaries tended to carry javelins known as pilum and lead-weighted darts, for use in range.
- The appearance of the Legionary is actually anachronistic, as by the fifth century AD, the traditional tower shield-based scutum was replaced with an oval scutum, and the Lorica segmentata was replaced with the Lorica hamata.
- Legionaries have the almost same design as the Legion in Age of Empires, the only difference is that they hold a Tower Shield instead of a round Iron Shield.
|Scenario Editor units in Age of Empires II|
|The Age of Kings|
|Cobra Car · Heavy Swordsman · Junk · King|
|Furious the Monkey Boy · Genitour (infantry) · Horse|
|Alfred the Alpaca · Amazon Archer · Amazon Warrior · Camel (Gaia) · Canoe · Centurion · Donkey · Dragon Ship · Eastern Swordsman · Flamethrower · Heavy Pikeman · Legionary · Nordic Swordsman · Penguin · Relic Cart · Royal Janissary|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Rise of the Rajas|