Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Line of Sight||14 meters|
|Train Time||0 seconds|
The Kataskopos is a mounted Scout in Age of Mythology only available to the Greeks. All Greek players start the game with one Kataskopos, but no more can be trained. Though mounted, the Kataskopos is not considered a cavalry unit, but a Scout. In all respects it is very similar to the Scout in Age of Empires and the Scout Cavalry in Age of Empires II.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail and Iron Mail decrease hack vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
Kataskopi are fast, have a reasonable line of sight and superb pierce armor. This makes them very good at scouting, but as they have less attack than almost all other units and few hit points, this is their only use. They are also one-shot units. If a player's Kataskopos dies early, it can be replaced by Pegasi, which can be trained once a Temple has been built. Pegasi are better scouts than but the Kataskopos in most respects, but they are very vulnerable to attack from defensive buildings. Hence it is wise to keep the Kataskopos alive as long as possible.
The name of this unit is found in the Bible and the interpretations of its meaning vary from explorer, spy, and scout. The Greeks used the word to refer to Romans exploring Greek lands, perhaps in preparation of the coming Roman conquest.
- According to the Proto/Protox file, the Kataskopos costs 75 Food.
- Interesting enough, in Alpha screenshots for Age of Mythology the Kataskopos was going to be trained at the Town Center.
- The Egyptians and Norse during the alpha and late beta stages were also going to get Scout Cavalry units, however due to design changes they were cut and its main scout function replaced with the Priest and Ulfsark respectively.