As shown in the cutscene, Morgan Black wants to find any remaining Ottomans and soon finds Sahin The Falcon making a swift retreat. They have a short conversation about the future of the knights and Sahin gives an annoyed Morgan the nickname "Frenk" before he departs. Later Alain informs Morgan that pockets of Ottomans are located to the east and so Morgan orders his men to follow him. Bringing with them a bombard captured from the enemy, in the event they will need it's firepower.
- Defend the base from the Ottoman attack.
- Destroy all the Ottoman Weapon Caches. (8 total)
Secondary objectives Edit
- Claim the nearby Treasure. (300 XP)
- Build an Artillery Foundry and train at last 10 Hoop Throwers. (500 XP)
- Find a shipwreck and gather any supplies near it
- Morgan Black (Knights of St. John) - The player starts in the Fortress Age, with multiple Crossbowmen, Alain Magnan, Morgan Black himself, a Priest and two Swiss Pikemen. Their base consists of a Town Center, two Barracks, two Outposts and several Settlers, as well as a Field Hospital.
- Ottomans (Ottomans) - The Ottomans attack the player's position immediately as the mission begins, with multiple Janissaries. They also control eight Weapon Caches that must be destroyed and three Stockades with captive Swiss Pikemen. They also have an established base outside the caves, and will eventually include cavalry and siege units (such as Abus Guns) to their ranks.
Aggressive Strategy Edit
You begin under attack, though the bombard proves your greatest weapon repeatedly during this battle. Your town begins moderately sized. Equipped with two Outposts, two Barracks, a Field Hospital and some Houses. It's not overly important to start building more right away.
The strategy runs mostly on the initial units you save, the bombard, 15-20+ trained crossbowmen and the high siege damage Swiss Pikemen you save. It's not important to earn large amounts of experience in the campaign (cheats), this is due to the fact you won't be able to Build a Deck as you can in skirmishes. Any new cards you unlock will not be able to be switched out for inferior cards, you are stuck with both. Furthermore, if you reach the maximum number of cards allowed in a single age line (9) the next card purchased for that age will push one off the list (can never be used again), maybe even one you wanted to keep. For this reason it's best to know what's most useful so you can precisely take the cards you want for the ages you want (with or without cheats). The trick below (leaving the scenario running) is one way to "buy" your greater number of home city cards (when the HC becomes active) with a time investment instead of a cheat code.
- Note: Enemy settlers will typically flee into the cave, or to the gold deposit north of the treasure X in the first picture.
Speedy Strategy Edit
Technically all you must do to win this scenario is destroy all of the Weapon Caches, the time taken to win can be reduced to 5–7 minutes. Instead of following the above strategy to stop them from building, instead focus solely on destroying each of the caches and destroying them as quickly as possible.
Instead of immediately counterattacking and destroying their town hall follow the same steps above but then head in that direction and clear a path into the cave with the bombard in tow. Train 10-15 more crossbowmen and send them to the cache north of your starting town. Trying to build an artillery foundry to train some hoop throwers (bonus objective) at your base for defense is optional. Hotkey the bombard so you can quickly deploy it or get it ready for travel. When the last cache is destroyed the scenario ends.