|This article is about the infantry units in Age of Mythology. For infantry in other games of the series, see Infantry.|
Infantry units fight on the ground in close combat with enemies, distinguishing them from archers and cavalry. Infantrymen are also human units, rather than the superhuman heroes. However, some heroes are dual-classed, being considered both heroes and infantry. Counter-infantry units gain a bonus against all the infantry units listed below.
- Throwing Axeman (ranged, but infantry nonetheless)
- Hersir (both a Hero and an infantry unit)
- Murmillo and Murmillo Hero
- Katapeltes and Katapeltes Hero
- Destroyer and Destroyer Hero
- Fanatic and Fanatic Hero
Atlantean infantry units retain their infantry status when they are upgraded to heroes.
Brief comparison table Edit
|Khopesh Swordsman||30f||0w||30g||2||5||65||20%||15%||5.8 m/s|
|Throwing Axeman||0f||50w||40g||2||4.5||65||35%||10%||4.0 m/s|
- Hoplite, Ulfsark, Murmillo, Halberdier: +50% dmg against Turma.
- Hypaspist: +275% dmg against infantry.
- Myrmidon: +50% dmg against all other civilization human soldiers, except Axeman and Throwing Axeman.
- Spearman: +10% dmg against cavalry, upgradable to +110% against cavalry, +25% against Turma, +100% against siege.
- Axeman: +300% dmg against infantry.
- Ulfsark: Upgradable to have +100% dmg against cavalry.
- Throwing Axeman is the only infantry with ranged attack (9 meters): +175% dmg against Hoplite and Myrmidon, +100% against Hersir and +125% aganst all other infantry.
- Huskarl: +100% dmg against archers and -25% dmg against Cheiroballistae.
- Katapeltes: +200% against cavalry, +150% against siege.
- Fanatic: +100% against infantry, Hersir and cavalry.
- Halberdier: +30% against cavalry.