|This article is about the god in Age of Mythology. For the god in Age of Empires: Mythologies, see Hephaestus (Age of Empires: Mythologies).|
|Major gods|| Zeus|
|Technologies|| Forge of Olympus|
Hand of Talos
Shoulder of Talos
Weapon of the Titans
|Role||God of the Forge and Labor|
|Focus||Human soldier Armor and Weapons|
"You have advanced to the Mythic Age through the Toil of Hephaestus."—Age up text in Age of Mythology
God Power Edit
- Plenty: Creates a Plenty Vault that generates 15 Food, Wood and Gold every 5 seconds. The vault is indestructible, but can be captured if surrounded by enemy units.
- Forge of Olympus: Armory technologies cost 75% less Food, Wood and Gold.
- Hand of Talos: Colossi gain +100 hit points.
- Shoulder of Talos: Colossi gain +200 hit points and has -20% hack damage vulnerability.
- Weapon of the Titans: Unique units gain +20% attack.
Myth Unit Edit
- Colossus:A slow moving but nigh-unstoppable siege weapon due to high armor, hit points and attack vs buildings. Can regain hit points by eating trees and gold mines.
Hephaestus grants military and economic bonuses. Forge of Olympus greatly decreases the cost of Armory technologies, allowing them to be researched more quickly and giving an advantage over opponents. Technologies made cheaper include Weapon of the Titans, which improves the attack of Myrmidons, Hetairoi, and Gastraphetes, depending on the major god.
Hephaestus' Myth Unit, the Colossus, is the strongest non-Titan myth unit in the game. Once fully upgraded, it can withstand pitched battles due to its massive amount of hit points and armor and can heal by eating trees and gold mines.
Hephaestus' god power generates an unlimited supply of Food, Wood and Gold. This is equivalent to at least three Villagers per resource, and ties in with Forge of Olympus to make Armory technologies even quicker to research.
Hephaestus is difficult to get the full benefit of. He is recommended for ending a race to the Mythic Age, at which point he will provide a massive economic spike to help the player boom an underdeveloped economy more quickly and knock out enemies with the player's superior human units and powerful Colossi.
"The god of fire, volcanoes, blacksmiths, and metal working, he had a strong following in the cities where his skills were important to commerce and war. He is usually seen with an axe. In one account he sided with his mother Hera against Zeus who threw him so far that he fell all day and limped thereafter. Hephaestus was associated with Mt. Etna on the island of Sicily. In his workshop he fashioned many wondrous things for the gods, including thunderbolts for Zeus, Athena’s shield, arrows for Eros, and the chariot with which Helios the sun god rode across the sky. He also helped create the first human woman from clay, named Pandora, who released the evils of the world on humankind from her magic jar."