|This article is about the god in Age of Mythology. For the god in Age of Empires: Mythologies, see Heimdall (Age of Empires: Mythologies).|
|Major gods|| Odin|
|Role||God of Vigilance|
"You have advanced to the Classical Age through the Vigilance of Heimdall."—Age up text in Age of Mythology
- Undermine: Destroys enemy walls and towers near where it is cast.
- Arctic Winds: Longboats +10% HP and speed.
- Safeguard: Walls and Towers have double HP and Towers are 25% cheaper
- Elhrimnir Kettle: Einherjars 10% more HP and 40% more attack.
- Einherjar: Powerful but slow melee unit that is good against buildings and can blow a horn to boost the attack of nearby units.
Heimdall improves both ships (Longboats) and buildings. This makes him a good choice in naval maps or when on the defensive. His cheaper (and tougher) Walls and Watch Towers can be useful for turtling and Tower rushing, respectively.
However, he also provides solid anti-building options, making him effective at rushes as well. His Myth Unit, the Einherjar, deals crush damage and is well armored, an effective way to destroy enemy defenses. In addition, Heimdall's god power, Undermine, destroys enemy towers and walls, allowing him to destroy undefended sections of enemy Walls, to negate enemy Tower rushes, or to severely weaken enemy defences.
The White God, he sat beside the entrance to the rainbow bridge, keeping watch for giants or other monsters trying to gain entrance to the fortress of the gods. He needed very little sleep and was so perceptive that he could detect the sound of grass growing in the earth or wool growing on a sheep’s back. The legends say he could see a hundred miles. He carried the horn Gjall, with which he could warn the gods when Ragnarok began. During Ragnarok, he was to be the last to fall, in single combat with Loki.