All cavalry archers are designed for guerilla warfare due to their supreme agility and can outrun most attacks dealt by enemy units. As a result, they excel at hit and run attacks and can repeat the process until the enemy is eliminated. Heavy Horse Archers also have the strongest human-based ranged attack in the game and are the fasted land units other than cheat units.
They have few counters, but among them is the Palmyran Camel Rider. The Camel Rider, who's a counter for all cavalry in general, also gets a 25% increase in speed as Palmyrans which makes them able to catch up and properly deal with Heavy Horse Archers.
- Scale Armor Archers increases armor by 2.
- Artisanship increases range by 1.
- Nobility increases hit points by 15%.
- Alchemy increases attack by 1.
- Ballistics increases accuracy.
- Chain Mail Archers increases armor by 2.
- Craftsmanship increases range by 1.
|Archery Range Tree|
- Yamato: Heavy Horse Archers are 25% cheaper, costing 37 food and 52 gold.
- Hittites: Heavy Horse Archers deal +1 damage.
- Macedonians: Heavy Horse Archers are four times more resistant against enemy conversion.
- Yamato Heavy Horse Archers now move at normal speed.
- Heavy Horse Archers now have 1 pierce armor (down from 2).
|Units in Age of Empires|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaught|
|The Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|