|Heavy Horse Archer|
|Trained at||Archery Range|
|Rate of Fire||Fast|
|Upgraded From||Horse Archer|
The Heavy Horse Archer is an Age of Empires mounted unit. It is an upgrade of the Horse Archer and is highly effective given its cost. The upgrade increases the attack by 1 point, provides an additional 30 hit points, and slightly increases speed to make the unit the fastest in the game.
All cavalry archers are designed for guerilla warfare due to their supreme agility and can outrun most attacks dealt by enemy units. As a result, they excel at hit and run attacks and can repeat the process until the enemy is eliminated. Heavy Horse Archers also have the strongest human-based ranged attack in the game and are the fasted land units other than cheat units.
The Heavy Horse Archer is an uncommon unit, and only these civilizations can train them:
- Scale Armor Archers increases armor by 2.
- Artisanship increases range by 1.
- Nobility increases hit points by 15%.
- Alchemy increases attack by 1.
- Ballistics increases accuracy.
- Chain Mail Archers increases armor by 2.
- Craftsmanship increases range by 1.
|Archery Range Tree|
- Yamato: Heavy Horse Archers are 25% cheaper, costing 37 food and 52 gold.
- Hittites: Heavy Horse Archers deal +1 damage.
- Macedonians: Heavy Horse Archers are four times more resistant against enemy conversion.
|Units in Age of Empires|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Naval||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaught|
|The Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|