|This article needs an image for it to be complete. Please locate and insert one.|
Age of Empires IIEdit
The Gunpowder Units are a group of powerful units in Age of Empires II available in the Imperial Age. In order to create any of the non-unique gunpowder units, the technology "Chemistry" must first be researched at the University.
The full list of all gunpowder units in the game:
- Hand Cannoneer - anti-infantry foot soldier, trained at the Archery Range
- Bombard Cannon - siege weapon with a long range, trained at the Siege Workshop
- (Elite) Cannon Galleon - ship with a long range, best used against buildings, trained at the Dock
- Turtle Ship - Korean unique unit, heavily armored ship with a high attack, trained at the Dock
- Janissary - Turkish unique unit, foot soldier with long range, trained at the Castle
- Conquistador - Spanish unique unit, mounted unit with high armor, trained at the Castle
Despite not being a unit, the Bombard Tower is usually listed amongst gunpowder units.
Age of Empires IIIEdit
In Age of Empires III the gunpowder Units are very common since the game is ambiented between the Age of discovery and the early Industrial Age. Arquebus, pistols and muskets in that period were standard weapons for the armies in that period, practically all civilizations in this game have at least one unit that uses a Gunpowder weapon, with the exception of the Aztecs.