Bronze Age Government Center in the Egyptian template.
|First Appearance||Age of Empires|
|Age Available||Bronze Age|
|Base Hit Points||350|
|Use||Develops technologies needed to upgrade certain units|
The Government Center is a civilian building in Age of Empires where many technologies can be researched. It also allows players to build more than one Town Center. The technologies found in this building are needed to develop advanced upgrades that are often essential in winning a map, especially in deathmatches. To build the government center, the Market must be built beforehand. Its counterpart in Age of Empires II is the University.
- Nobility - Increases HP of Cavalry, Chariots and Horse Archers.
- Architecture - Decreases build time and increases building and wall HP.
- Writing - Shares line of Sight with allies.
- Logistics - Barracks units cost 1/2 population (Rise of Rome)
- Aristocracy - Increases the speed of all Academy units by 25%.
- Ballistics - Increases accuracy of archers, towers, siege weapons and ships.
- Alchemy - Helepolis and Ballista receive +2 damage, all other ranged units receive +1 damage.
- Engineering - Adds +2 range of siege weapons and siege ships.