|Line of Sight||14 meters|
|Train at||Town Center|
|Train Time||14 seconds|
|2.5 damage against towers|
Gatherers are Norse Villagers. Unlike Egyptian and Greek villagers, Norse Gatherers do not build structures; instead Norse Infantry (including the Hersir) have this ability. Gatherers can be instantly converted into Ulfsarks for the full price of a new Ulfsark. However, this wastes the resources spent on the gatherer to start off, so it is always smarter to train Ulfsarks from the Longhouse or from the Town Center, unless the situation is desperate.
Gatherers can be assigned with different tasks which also changes their name to the corresponding job they are doing.
- Farmer gathers Food from Farm
- Forager gathers Food from bushes
- Miner gathers Gold and Stone from their corresponding mines.
- Herder herds tame animals near Town Center, kills them and gathers Food
- Hunter kills and gathers Food from wild animals
- If not being assigned into any task, they will remain "Gatherers"
Gatherers cannot fish anymore and has been left solely for Fishing Ship to gather food from fish. Stone has been replaced with Favor and Gatherers has nothing to do with it which is left entirely for military units to fight enemies to generate favor.
Gatherers can only build Farms and cannot repair buildings.
Upgrades & Bonuses
- Pickaxe increases the gather rate of Wood by 10% and allows them to carry 50 % more.
- Shaft Mine further increases the gather rate of Wood by 10% and allows them to carry 50 % more.
- Quarry further increases the gather rate of Wood by 10% and allows them to carry 50 % more
- Hunting Dogs increases the gather rate of Food from hunted animals 30% faster
- Husbandry increases the gather rate of Food from tame animals by 20 % and allows them to carry twice as more
- Plow increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10% faster
- Irrigation further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10% faster
- Flood Control further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10% faster
Worshipping Thor enables the following upgrade:
- Pig Sticker increases damage to hunted animals
Worshipping Skadi enables the following upgrade:
- Winter Harvest increases gather speed from Farms by 20%
|Villager • Laborer • Gatherer • Dwarf • Citizen|