- Typing the cheat code after researching these technologies does not have any effect to the Flying Dutchman.
- Use this cheat with caution since the increased fire rate of Phoenician Juggernaughts is eliminated once this cheat is summoned.
- If played as the Yamato, the hit points for this unit is increased by 59 points to 259 points.
- If played as the Minoans, the cost per unit decreases by 33%.
- The Flying Dutchman is a reference to a nautical folklore. This mythical phantom ship is believed to be a sign of doom to sailors since it is cursed to sail the seas for eternity and can never rest at port.
- The myth about the Flying Dutchman originates from ship lost in the 17th-century, which is not during the time period in which Age of Empires I is set.
|Cheat units in the Age of Empires series|
|Age of Empires|
|Baby Prez · Big Bertha · Black Rider · Flying Dutchman · Medusa · Nuke Trooper · Photon Man · St. Francis · Stealth Archer · Stormbilly · Winsett's Other Z · Winsett's Z|
|Age of Empires II|
|Alfred the Alpaca · Cobra Car · Furious the Monkey Boy · Penguin · Saboteur · VMDL|
|Age of Mythology|
|Bella · Flying Purple Hippo · Forkboy · Lazer Bear|
|Age of Empires III|
|BigAndy · Fluffy · Flying Purple Tapir · George Crushington · Flaming Hot Dog Cart · Monster Ice Cream Truck · Lazerbear · Learicorn · Mediocre Bombard · The Tommynator|