|First Appearance||Age of Mythology|
|Age Available||Archaic Age|
|Base Hit Points||1200|
The Dwarven Foundry is a special building in Age of Mythology that is only available to Thor players. It replaces the Armory, and can be built in the Archaic Age, an Age earlier, and at half the cost. Technologies at the Dwarven Foundry are also considerably cheaper than those at the Armory (see below.) Consecutive technologies are not tied to a particular Age, so for example, a player could research both Copper Weapons and Bronze Weapons in the Classical Age.
Note that Burning Pitch, normally not available until the Mythic Age, is available from the Archaic Age at the Dwarven Foundry. However, as the Norse have no archers (without the Tale of the Dragon-introduced Bogsveigir), this technology only affects Ballistae and Longboats.
Technologies (with resource costs) Edit
- Copper Weapons: 150 Food, 150 Gold
- Copper Mail: 100 Food, 100 Gold
- Copper Shields: 100 Wood, 100 Gold
- Bronze Weapons: 200 Food, 200 Gold
- Bronze Mail: 200 Food, 100 Gold
- Bronze Shields: 200 Wood, 100 Gold
- Iron Weapons: 500 Food, 500 Gold
- Iron Mail: 400 Food, 400 Gold
- Iron Shields: 400 Wood, 300 Gold
- Burning Pitch: 400 Wood, 300 Gold
Unique Technologies Edit
- Hammer of the Gods: 500 Food, 500 Gold
- Meteoric Iron Mail: 500 Food, 500 Gold
- Dragonscale Shields: 500 Wood, 500 Gold
The dwarves of Norse mythology were master smiths, and constructed virtually all of the legendary weapons, including Odin's spear, Grugnir, and Thor's hammer, Mjolnir.