|Type|| Naval vessel|
|Introduced in||The African Kingdoms|
|Civilization||All except Koreans|
|Training time||45 seconds|
|Attack bonuses||+180 vs Building|
|Armor classes||Ship (+1)|
|Line of Sight||6|
|Upgrades to||Demolition Ship|
|Upgrade cost||230 food, 100 gold|
|Upgrade time||50 seconds|
"Filled with explosives. Self-destructs when used."—Age of Empires II description
The Demolition Raft is a naval vessel in Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms that can be trained at the Dock once the Feudal Age is reached. Demolition Rafts are automatically upgraded to Demolition Ships when the War Galley upgrade is researched.
Demolition Rafts are packed with explosives that blow up against enemy ships, Docks, land units caught in shallows, and anything too close the shore.
Both the Demolition Raft and the Fire Galley were introduced in The African Kingdoms to make the naval battle in the Feudal Age more versatile. Before their introduction, the only military vessel available in the Feudal Age was the Galley, so battle was very linear.
Demolition Rafts are available to all civilizations except for the Koreans.
Demolition Rafts are the fastest military vessels in the Feudal Age and can chase down enemy ships easily. Their low hit points and armor, however, make them vulnerable to any kind of attack. They are best used against groups of Galleys, Fire Galleys, or to destroy enemy Docks.
Due to the absence of strong and long-ranged land units, Demolition Rafts are very effective when used against them in the shallows.
Further statistics Edit
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Transport Ships, Fishing Ships, Fire Galleys, buildings in the shoreline, melee units in the shallows|
|Weak vs.||Towers, ranged units on the shoreline|
|Armor|| Careening (+0/+1)|
Carrack (+1/+1, Portuguese only)
|Speed||Dry Dock (+15%)|
|Conversion defense|| Faith|
|Creation speed||Shipwright (+54%)|
|Train cost||Shipwright (-20%)|
|Upgrades||Demolition Rafts can be upgraded to Demolition Ships with War Galley upgrade|
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Aztecs: Demolition Rafts are created 15% faster.
- Berbers: Demolition Rafts move 10% faster.
- Burmese: Researching Faith is 50% cheaper.
- Celts: Demolition Rafts can convert herdables even if enemy units are next to them.
- Chinese: Technologies that benefit Demolition Rafts are 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age. Demolition Rafts have +50% HP.
- Italians: Researching Careening, Dry Dock, and Shipwright is 50% cheaper. Upgrading to Demolition Ship is 50% cheaper.
- Persians: Demolition Rafts are created 10%/15%/20% faster in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age. Careening and the upgrade to the Demolition Ship are researched 15%/20% faster in the Castle/Imperial Age. Dry Dock is researched 20% faster.
- Portuguese: Demolition Rafts have +10% HP and cost 15% less gold.
- Vikings: Demolition Rafts are 15%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
Team bonuses Edit
The African Kingdoms Edit
- Demolition Rafts have 50 HP and 3 pierce armor.
- Initially, Demolition Rafts move at a speed of 1.6. With patch 4.8, the speed was reduced to 1.5.
- Aztecs: Initially cannot build Demolition Rafts. In patch 4.8, the Demolition Raft was added to the Aztecs' technology tree.
- Vikings: Demolition Rafts are 10%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
Rise of the Rajas Edit
- Demolition Rafts now have 45 HP and 2 pierce armor.
- Vikings: Demolition Rafts are now 15%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Demolition Rafts, Fire Galleys, and Galleys are the only units in the game sharing an upgrade.
- Despite being introduced in The African Kingdoms, the Demolition Raft is shown with a The Conquerors icon in the Scenario Editor.