|Trained at||Archery Range|
|Upgraded From||Improved Bowman|
Composite Bowman is a unit in Age of Empires. It is an upgrade of the Improved Bowman. They are one of the Bronze Age's most cost effective unit as they only require half the resources of a Chariot Archer.
The Composite Bowman is generally more useful than the Improved Bowman. Civilizations that can train the Improved Bowman usually have the ability to upgrade them to a Composite Bowman. Because of this Improved Bowman never really makes their full appearance in a random game. Boasting better overall stats, the Composite Bowman is an excellent ranged choice due to its cost.
- Alchemy: increases attack by 1.
- Ballistics: increases accuracy.
- Chain Mail: for archers increases armour by 2.
- Craftsmanship: increases range by 1.
Civilization Bonus Edit
- Minoans: Composite Bowmen have +2 range.
- Macedonians: Composite Bowmen are four times more resistant against enemy conversion.
- The Composite Bowman is not available for Assyrians, Carthaginians, Choson, Greeks, Hittites, Romans and Sumerians.
- Originally Composite Bowmen were called Longbowman, this is also the reason why their bow is longer than a traditional composite bow.
|Age of Empires Units|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|The Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|