A Comanche settlement.
|Age of Empires III|
|Technologies||Comanche warrior societies|
Comanche trade language
Comanche horse breeding
|Comanche Horse Archer (also called NatHorseArcher)|
A Comanche horse archer.
|First Appearance||Age of Empires III|
|Cost||70 Food |
|Age Available||Colonial Age|
|Base Hit Points||200|
|Resists||10% vs. melee|
|Range Multipliers||x2.3 vs. melee cavalry|
x0.5 vs. villagers
x2.0 vs. artillery
|R.O.F.||1.5 / 3.0 (ranged, siege)|
The Comanche are available as allies on the Great Plains, Rockies, Texas and Ozarks maps. Once a Trading Post is built at their camp, a player can recruit Comanche horse archers and research available upgrades.
The Comanche horse archer is similar to the European Dragoon, however it is more cost effective. This is due to the fact every map featuring the Comanche was added in The WarChiefs, on these maps trading posts only cost 200 Wood (the same as a Stable) rather than the usual 250. The horse archer is more effective versus enemy hand cavalry than the dragoon due to its melee resistance but will die more quickly to ranged infantry.
Comanche upgrades focus mostly on cavalry and reducing the cost of more advanced technologies.
Comanche Trade Language (Discovery Age): Reduces the coin cost of all upgrades by 10%.
Cost: 100 Food , 100 Coin
Comanche Horse Breeding (Discovery Age): Improves cavalry and light infantry (see usefulness section) hit points by 10%.
Cost: 150 Food , 150 Coin
Comanche Mustangs (Discovery Age): Improves cavalry speed by 10%.
Cost: 200 Wood , 200 Coin
Comanche Warrior Societies (Fortress Age): Comanche attack and HP raised by 25%.
Cost: 200 Wood , 150 Coin
Comanche Champions (Industrial Age): Comanche attack and hitpoints raised by 40%.
Cost: 400 Wood , 300 Coin
- Comanche trade language is best used with home city cards that reduce the coin costs of upgrades or units.
- Comanche horse breeding will also effect light infantry, specifically Eagle Runner Knights, Coyote Runners, Disciples, Rattan Shields, and Tiger Claws. Some civilizations are able to send the rattan shields and tiger claw mercenaries as shipments while disciples are unique to the Chinese and the remaining units are unique to the Aztecs.
- Comanche mustangs can be extremely useful to civilizations that have unique cavalry units, such as the Spanish Lancer, French Cuirassier, and Russian Oprichnik.
- All native tribes can only be upgraded to Legendary/Exalted status at the Town Center or Capitol, they can be upgraded to Elite/Disciplined or Champion/Honored for free through some Home City shipments.
- Civilizations can remove the upgrade gold costs, or cut the upgrade costs in half depending on their home city cards.
They speak Comanche, a Numic language of the Uto-Aztecan family.
- mi lik you
- ali or hani
- haa "yes"
- tug wa suoh! (attack)
- tu gen! (attack!)
|Civilizations & Allies|
|Age of Empires III|
|Civilizations||Aztecs · British · Chinese · Dutch · French · Germans · Indians · Iroquois · Japanese · Ottomans · Portuguese · Russians · Sioux · Spanish · Knights of St. John|
|Minor Natives||Apache* · Carib · Cherokee · Cheyenne* · Comanche · Cree · Huron* · Inca · Klamath* · Mapuche* · Maya · Navajo* · Nootka · Seminole · Tupi · Zapotec* (Former: Aztecs · Iroquois · Lakota)|
|Temples||Bhakti Temple · Jesuit Mission · Shaolin Temple · Sufi Temple · Udasi Temple · Zen Temple|