Overview EditHand Cannoneer. However, the Cobra has a tendency to harm friendly units caught in its blast.
The Cobra has a very impressive range of 10 that can hardly be matched by any other ranged attacker in the game, allowing it to pummel incoming hostiles with ease, though Castles with garrisoned personnel or British Longbowmen can outrange it. Still, due to its high hit points, armor, and damage output, the Cobra Car easily mows down armies of Longbowmen.
A fatal weakness of Cobras is their poor AI, relying heavily on proper and constant micromanagement in order to protect them from damage and destruction during a raid, not from the enemy but from themselves. For some reason, shots fired from the Cobras can deal high damage towards friendlies who wander into their line of fire (including other Cobras). Because of this, clusters of these cars huddling up trying to tear down a fortified structure such as a Castle or Wonder can accidentally fire over and destroy each other's very quickly.
In-game dialogue Edit
- When selected
- When ordered to move
- When ordered to stop / attack / change stance
- With a speed of 4.5, the Cobra Car is the second fastest unit behind the VMDL.
- Before The Forgotten, the Shelby Cobra was always blue regardless of the player color.
- Before The Forgotten, the Shelby Cobra used the Mangonel icon. The name was changed to Cobra Car with The Forgotten, when the unit also got its new name and was included in the Scenario Editor.
- If the car was behind objects (before The Forgotten) it would not display its outlines.
- As a siege weapon, the Cobra Car can be repaired by Villagers.
- The only technology that affects Cobra Cars is Siege Engineers.
|Cheat units in the Age of Empires series|
|Age of Empires|
|Baby Prez · Big Bertha · Black Rider · Flying Dutchman · Medusa · Nuke Trooper · Photon Man · St. Francis · Stealth Archer · Stormbilly · Winsett's other Z · Winsett's Z|
|Age of Empires II|
|Alfred the Alpaca · Cobra Car · Furious the Monkey Boy · Penguin · Saboteur · VMDL|
|Age of Mythology|
|Bella · Flying Purple Hippo · Forkboy · Lazer Bear|
|Age of Empires III|
|BigAndy · Fluffy · Flying Purple Tapir · George Crushington · Flaming Hot Dog Cart · Monster Ice Cream Truck · Lazerbear · Learicorn · Mediocre Bombard · The Tommynator|
|Scenario Editor units in Age of Empires II|
|The Age of Kings|
|Cobra Car · Heavy Swordsman · Junk · King|
|Furious the Monkey Boy · Genitour (infantry) · Horse|
|Alfred the Alpaca · Amazon Archer · Amazon Warrior · Camel (Gaia) · Canoe · Centurion · Donkey · Dragon Ship · Eastern Swordsman · Flamethrower · Heavy Pikeman · Legionary · Nordic Swordsman · Penguin · Relic Cart · Royal Janissary|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Rise of the Rajas|