For other uses of Chinese, see the disambiguation page.
|| Tech Tree
A statue of a Chinese Buddha.
|Age of Empires II|
|Architectural Style||East Asian|
The Chinese civilization is one of the East Asian civilizations in Age of Empires II, along with the Japanese, Mongols, and in The Conquerors Expansion, the Koreans. Their bonuses are economic, Chinese teams on Random Maps start with six villagers, instead of the usual three, which enables quicker Resource collection. They also have cheaper technologies- every technology's cost is decreased by 10% in the Feudal Age, 15% in the Castle Age and 20% in the Imperial Age. Chinese Demolition Ships also have 50% extra hitpoints. The Chinese unique unit is the Chu Ko Nu, which is a Crossbowman that fires three arrows in succession, but at a shorter range in comparison to normal Archers.
Gameplay information Edit
Unique Unit: Chu Ko Nu (foot archer that fires multiple arrows)
Unique Tech: Rocketry (increased pierce attack for Chu Ko Nu and Scorpions)
Cultural Bonuses Edit
- Start game with 3 extra villagers, but with -200 food and -50 wood
- Town Center supports 10 population (instead of 5)
- Technologies are 10% cheaper in Feudal Age, 15% Castle Age, 20% Imperial Age
- Demolition Ships have 50% more HP
- Team Bonus: Farms start with + 45 Food .
In-game dialogue language (Pinyin)Edit
The language spoken by Chinese units is the Mandarin dialect of Chinese.
- Shénme? 什麼? (What?)
- Hǎo 好 (OK)
- Xing 行 (alright)
- Zunming 遵命 (yes sir)
- Zhengque 正確 (correct)
- Wéi 喂? ( "meaningless"-- this is often used when you pick up a phone,not when in a fight)
- Fu cong ming ling 服從命令 (I'll follow your order)
- Zhun bei jiu xu 準備就緒 (I'm all ready)
- Fa mu gong 伐木工 (woodcutter)
- Liang cao zheng shou rén 糧草徵收人 (crop gatherer)
- Lièrén 獵人 (hunter)
- Yú fu 漁夫 (fisherman)
- Nong fu 農夫 (farmer)
- Kuànggōng 礦工 (Miner)
- Jian zhu gōng 建築工 (builder)
- Xiu li gōng 修理工 (repairer)
- Zuo zhàn! 作戰! (Fight!)
- Shì 是 (yes sir)
- Jìn gōng! 進攻! (Charge!)
- Gōng jí! 攻擊! ("attack"---but the pronunciation in game is incorrect)