|Introduced in||The Forgotten|
|Research Time||40 seconds|
|Effect||Infantry +5 attack vs cavalry, +2 vs camels|
Chieftains is a technology in Age of Empires II: The Forgotten that is unique to the Vikings and can be researched at the Castle. Once researched, it gives infantry an attack bonus of +5 against cavalry and +2 against camel units.
Apart from the Teutonic Knight, the Berserk is one of the most durable infantry units in the game. With Chieftains researched, they become even more versatile as they can now counter even heavy cavalry units quite effectively. Archers, however, remain a heavy threat to them. Also, the effectiveness of Pikemen is increased, making it more forgiving that the Vikings lack the Halberdier.
Team bonuses Edit
The Forgotten Edit
- Chieftains costs 700F/400G.
- Chieftains gives Berserks +4 attack against cavalry.
- Chieftains only affects Berserks.
The African Kingdoms Edit
- Chieftains now costs 400F/300G.
- Chieftains now gives Berserks +5 attack against cavalry.
- With patch 4.8, Chieftains now affects all infantry units.
- With patch 4.8b, Chieftains now gives infantry additional +2 attack against camels.
- Chieftains was also supposed to give Berserks additional +2 bonus damage against camels in The African Kingdoms but did not due to a bug. This bug was fixed in patch 4.8b.
|Age of Empires II Unique Technologies|
|Garland Wars | Yeomen | Logistica | Furor Celtica | Rocketry | Bearded Axe | Anarchy | Perfusion | Atheism | Kataparuto | Shinkichon | El Dorado | Drill | Mahouts | Zealotry | Supremacy | Crenellations | Artillery | Berserkergang|
|Atlatl | Warwolf | Greek Fire | Stronghold | Great Wall | Chivalry | Marauders | Andean Sling | Couriers | Sultans | Shatagni | Pavise | Silk Road | Yasama | Panokseon | Mercenaries | Recurve Bow | Obsidian Arrows | Nomads | Boiling Oil | Madrasah | Orthodoxy | Druzhina | Inquisition | Ironclad | Sipahi | Chieftains|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Kasbah | Maghrabi Camels | Tigui | Farimba | Royal Heirs | Torsion Engines | Carrack | Arquebus|
|Rise of the Rajas|
|Howdah | Manipur Cavalry | Tusk Swords | Double Crossbow | Thalassocracy | Forced Levy | Chatras | Paper Money|