A Cheyenne settlement, guarded by their riders.
|Age of Empires III|
|Technologies||Cheyenne warrior societies|
A Cheyenne rider.
|First Appearance||Age of Empires III|
|Cost||40 Food |
|Age Available||Colonial Age|
|Base Hit Points||300|
|Resists||10% vs. ranged|
|R.O.F.||1.5 / 3.0 (melee, siege)|
The Cheyenne are available as allies on the Great Lakes, Great Plains and Rockies maps. Once a Trading Post is built at their camp, a player can recruit Cheyenne riders and research available upgrades.
The Cheyenne rider is similar to the hussar, however it is not as powerful but more cost effective. It requires fewer total resources, and food and wood versus food and coin. With the Cheyenne fury upgrade the unit becomes better at countering enemy cavalry than the hussar.
Cheyenne upgrades focus mostly on cavalry and improving the economy of an ally.
Cheyenne Hunting Grounds (Discovery Age): Sends a shipment of 12 bison to your home city dropoff point.
Cost:150 Wood , 150 Coin
Cheyenne Horse Trading (Discovery Age): Reduces the training time of cavalry by 40%, Forbidden Army by 40% and standard/Mongolian/Ming/imperial armies by 20%.
Cost: 250 Wood , 250 Coin
Cheyenne Fury (Discovery Age): Cheyenne riders now do x2.0 damage versus cavalry.
Cost: 350 Wood , 350 Coin
Cheyenne Warrior Societies (Fortress Age) Cheyenne riders attack and HP raised by 25%.
Cost: 200 Wood , 150 Coin
Cheyenne Champions (Industrial Age): Cheyenne riders attack and hitpoints raised by 40%.
Cost: 400 Wood , 300 Coin
- Cheyenne hunting grounds is a very cheap and very useful upgrade, spawning huntables right at your town center which makes them easy to secure. The upgrade is also useful for the Japanese as it is enough animals to fill the Toshogu Shrine and then a regular shrine as well.
- Cheyenne horse trading is a must have in Treaty or Deathmatch games, especially for civilizations which possess unique cavalry units such as the Spanish Lancer, French Cuirassier, and Russian Oprichnik.
- Cheyenne fury allows the riders to counter enemy hand cavalry very effectively, its high cost can be difficult to cope with in early ages.
- All native tribes can only be upgraded to Legendary/Exalted status at the town center or capitol, they can be upgraded to Elite/Disciplined or Champion/Honored for free through some Home City shipments.
- Civilizations can remove the upgrade gold costs, or cut the upgrade costs in half depending on their home city cards.
They speak Cheyenne, an Algonquian language.
- ohe (move)
- n’asene (kill)
- naahetanotov (want to fight)
- aseehe (move camp)
|Civilizations & Allies|
|Age of Empires III|
|Civilizations||Aztecs · British · Chinese · Dutch · French · Germans · Indians · Iroquois · Japanese · Ottomans · Portuguese · Russians · Sioux · Spanish · Knights of St. John|
|Minor Natives||Apache* · Carib · Cherokee · Cheyenne* · Comanche · Cree · Huron* · Inca · Klamath* · Mapuche* · Maya · Navajo* · Nootka · Seminole · Tupi · Zapotec* (Former: Aztecs · Iroquois · Lakota)|
|Temples||Bhakti Temple · Jesuit Mission · Shaolin Temple · Sufi Temple · Udasi Temple · Zen Temple|