Civilizations bonuses Edit
Team bonuses Edit
- A team containing Malians: Researching Chemistry is 80% faster.
The Age of Kings Edit
- Chemistry does not affect Castles and Town Centers.
- Chemistry gives Scorpions +2 attack.
- Chemistry affects all arrows fired.
- Chemistry slows down projectile speed by 20% for the Mangonel line.
The Conquerors Edit
- Chemistry now gives Scorpions +1 attack.
The Forgotten Edit
- Chemistry now affects Castles and Town Centers.
- Chemistry only affects the first arrow fired.
- Chemistry no longer slows down Mangonel projectiles.
The science of chemistry was very crude during the Middle Ages and devoted almost entirely to finding ways to convert base metals into gold. This study was called alchemy and practitioners were called alchemists. Alchemists occasionally stumbled upon useful chemicals by accident. The most significant result of chemistry experiments was the European acquisition of gunpowder, which had been invented many centuries earlier by the Chinese.
|Missile / siege technologies|
|Fletching | Bodkin Arrow | Bracer | Padded Archer Armor | Leather Archer Armor | Ring Archer Armor | Ballistics | Murder Holes | Heated Shot | Arrowslits | Chemistry | Siege Engineers | Thumb Ring | Parthian Tactics|