To use these cheat codes, press Enter during game play to bring up a text box, enter the code and press Enter again. The codes are not case sensitive so they will always work as long as they are spelled correctly.
Main article: Cheat Units (Age of Empires II)
- how do you turn this on: Creates a Shelby Cobra that rapidly fires bullets.
- to smithereens: Creates a Saboteur. This unit is also available in the Scenario Editor.
- natural wonders: Control nature, but lose control of your civilization. This condition is irreversible.
- i love the monkey head: Creates a VMDL that does nothing except spying the enemy. Buildings can fire if garrisoned.
- furious the monkey boy: Creates Furious the Monkey Boy. Multiple units of this type cannot be selected to move and attack unless they are close together. It is also available in the Scenario Editor.
- i don't exist : Summons a Penguin (only in The Forgotten).
- alpaca simulator: Summons an Alfred the Alpaca.
- ninjaconnor: Gives 100,000 of each resource (only in The Forgotten).
- ninjalui: same as ninjaconnor.
- rowshep: same as ninjaconnor and ninjalui.
- Note: In Age of Empires II HD, the following cheats give ten times as much resources - 10,000 instead of 1,000.
- cheese steak jimmy's: Gives 1,000 Food.
- lumberjack: Gives 1,000 Wood.
- robin hood: Gives 1,000 Gold.
- rock on: Gives 1,000 Stone.
- marco: Map revealed (On-Off mode)
- polo: Fog eliminated (On-Off mode)
- aegis: Instant building, researching, resource gathering and training that applies for all players, the AI included. It is interesting to note that this kills units that are constructing buildings, but it is not known why. Can be toggled on or off if used repeatedly.
- If this is not enabled, use this cheat code to enable. If this is enabled, use the cheat code to disable.
- i r winner: Win the game instantly.
- resign: Instantly lose the game.
- black death: All enemies die, including allies.
- wimpywimpywimpy: You commit suicide.
- torpedo <1-8>: Slay selected opponent.
- woof woof: Turns birds into flying dogs.
- !mute': Silences taunts.
- !nomute: Undoes the !mute code.