Press Enter during gameplay and enter the code below. Then press Enter again to complete. The codes are not case sensitive. One the cheat code is initiated, the unit spawns at the Town Center last built. If the town center is researching a new age, the cheat unit cannot be spawned. Any code that affects existing units cannot pass on to enemy units converted by the player. To maximize combat potential, make sure to type the code before researching specific technologies that benefit that unit.
- BIG BERTHA - Transforms Stone Throwers, Catapults and Heavy Catapults into Big Berthas, which have more hit points and most importantly, greater range and much larger area of effect.
- PHOTON MAN - Creates a futuristic robot trooper armed with a rapid-fire laser gun.
- STEROIDS - Instantly builds structures, gather resources, and build units. This cheat affects ALL players in the game.
- BLACK RIDER - Transforms a Horse Archer or Heavy Horse Archer into a Black Rider, which will turn into a Catapult, Heavy Catapult or Big Bertha if killed.
- DARK RAIN - Transforms bowmen and all foot archers into Stealth Archers. They turn into trees when standing still and can walk on water.
- ICBM - Ballistas and helepolises gets 100 range. However, this does not affect line of sight. As a result, any moving target that is beyond the original range cannot be attacked. Fortunately, it can attack any building discovered through the fog of war. This makes it useful to attack Wonders as a last resort.
- HOYOHOYO - Priests get tremendous speed and 600 hit points, which all can be doubled if appropriate technologies are researched at the temple only after this cheat is summoned.
- GAIA - Controls all animals in the game except for anything that can be fished but you lose control of your civilization. This cheat code cannot be reversed. Under most circumstances, if either the original player or their enemies are eliminated, the game is over regardless of who gets eliminated first.
- MEDUSA - turns all Villagers into Medusas. When killed, they will respawn as a Black Rider.
- E=MC2 TROOPER - Creates a futuristic robot trooper armed with an 88-range nuke launcher.
- CONVERT THIS! - Spawns a St. Francis that summons lightning every 3 seconds.
- GRANTLINKSPENCE - Changes all animals to "Kings", more powerful versions of the same animals (Rise of Rome only).
- UPSIDFLINTMOBILE - Makes Chariot Archers have a tremendous speed and fires 3 times faster.
- STORMBILLY - Spawns a mech armed with rapid fire laser guns that fires every half second.
- BIGDADDY - Creates a Winsett's Z armed with a rocket launcher that deals 600 damage every 2 seconds.
- BIG MOMMA - Creates a Winsett's Other Z armed with a faster rocket launcher dealing only 120 damage but fires 5 times faster (Rise of Rome only).
- JACK BE NIMBLE - Once the code is activated, all stone throwing siege equipment launch cows, villagers with capes, or tumbling villagers depending on its orientation.
- FLYING DUTCHMAN - All Juggernauts and their predecessors turn into Flying Dutchman, which can move on land and deals 40 attack.
- POW - Spawns a baby on a tricycle armed with a shotgun that fires every half second (Rise of Rome only).
- POWER UNLIMITED - Gives you the same unit as the 'pow' cheat, only much stronger.
- King Arthur - turns birds into dragons.
- WOODSTOCK - Gives you 1000 Wood
- QUARRY - Gives you 1000 Stone
- PEPPERONI PIZZA - Gives you 1000 Food
- COINAGE - Gives you 1000 Gold.
- REVEAL MAP - Reveals the complete map
- NO FOG -Removes "Fog-of-war"
Game enders & Player finishers
- DIEDIEDIE - All enemy units and buildings die resulting in victory.
- HARI KARI - The user removes all of their units and buildings on the battlefield resulting in defeat.
- RESIGN - You lose regardless of the current situation.
- HOME RUN - Grants instant victory.
- Kill[x] - Where x = player number (For killing player #8, press "kill9")
- ZEUS - Does nothing but in the beta versions it was used to enable/disable cheats.
- RUNPLAY - Unknown (possibly makes horse units faster.)