|Cost|| 60 Food,|
A Centurion was an officer in the Roman military. A Centurion was in charge of a Century, a military group originally consisting of 100 soldiers, but later consisted of 60 to 80.
Centurion is only available for the following:
- Note: Palmyrans don't get Centurions for lacking the Aristocracy upgrade
- Metalworking: Increases attack by 2 points.
- Scale Armor: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Bronze Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Metallurgy: Increases attack by 3 points.
- Chain Mail: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Iron Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Tower Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Aristocracy: increases Speed by 25%
- Note: Aristocracy is the prerequisite for upgrading Phalanx to Centurion so they will be having it automatically added
Civilization Bonuses Edit
- Greek Centurions are 30% faster
- Carthaginian Centurions have 25% more HP
- Macedonian Centurions have +2 Armour when dealing with slingers, archers and ranged siege units, have +2 Line of sight and are 4 times more resistant to enemy conversions.
- Centurions are not available for Assyrians, Babylonians, Choson, Egyptians, Palmyrans, Persians and Shang.
The smallest tactical unit in the Roman army trusted with independent maneuver was the 100 man century. Each century was commanded by a Centurion, a veteran promoted from the ranks after demonstrating bravery, skill, discipline, and leadership. The century was roughly equivalent to the modern infantry company and the Centurion was a combination of modern infantry captain and top sergeant. Centurions were the backbone of the legions that built and defended the Roman Empire.
Releated Articles Edit
|Age of Empires Units|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|