|Cost|| 60 Food,|
The Centurion is a common unit, and only these civilizations can train them:
- Note: Palmyrans don't get Centurions for lacking the Aristocracy upgrade
- Metalworking: Increases attack by 2 points.
- Scale Armor: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Bronze Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Metallurgy: Increases attack by 3 points.
- Chain Mail: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Iron Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Tower Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Aristocracy: increases Speed by 25%
- Note: Aristocracy is the prerequisite for upgrading Phalanx to Centurion, they will always be 25% faster than un-upgraded hoplites
Civilization Bonuses Edit
- Greek Centurions are 30% faster
- Carthaginian Centurions have 25% more HP
- Macedonian Centurions have +2 Armour when dealing with slingers, archers and ranged siege units, have +2 Line of sight and are 4 times more resistant to enemy conversions.
The smallest tactical unit in the Roman army trusted with independent maneuver was the 100 man century. Each century was commanded by a Centurion, a veteran promoted from the ranks after demonstrating bravery, skill, discipline, and leadership. The century was roughly equivalent to the modern infantry company and the Centurion was a combination of modern infantry captain and top sergeant. Centurions were the backbone of the legions that built and defended the Roman Empire.
Releated Articles Edit
|Age of Empires Units|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|