|Rate of Fire||Slow|
|Cost to Upgrade||2000 Food |
- Alchemy increases attack by 1
- Ballistics increases accuracy
- Engineering increases range by 2
- Catapult Trireme can be upgraded to Juggernaut.
Civilization Bonuses Edit
- Greek: Catapult Triremes are 30% faster.
- Phoenicians: Catapult Triremes fire 66% faster.
- Minoan: Catapult Triremes cost 30% less.
- Yamato: Catapult Triremes have 30% more HP.
- Macedonians: Catapult Triremes are four times more resistant against conversion.
It has fewer hit points and fires slower than its original counterpart, but fills it up with strength per projectile, more range and does damage to a certain location rather than a single unit. Because of its relative low amount of hit points compared to other units, a successful naval victory through a full-scale assault can be obtained by escorting them with a large group of triremes.
Being a Trireme, it is not an upgrade to Trireme itself, but a separate unit. It can be upgraded into a Juggernaut once Engineering is researched. It benefits from such researches as Alchemy for its attack strength, Ballistics for its accuracy and Engineering for its range.
|Units in Age of Empires|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Naval||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|The Rise of Rome expansion|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|