|Campaign||Battles of the Forgotten|
|Course of campaign|
You play as the Sassanid Persians lead by their Shah Khosrau I trying to make up for the humiliating defeat by the White Huns and regaining the land that was lost.
Scenario Instructions Edit
- Starting age: Feudal Age
- Starting resources: None
- Population limit: 150
- Starting units: Khosrau, Scythian Scout, (spawn: 3 Elephant Archers, 3 Villagers)
- Gaia units (no longer available from patch 3.8 onwards): 8 camels
- Enemies: Hun Raiders, Gokturks (switch alliance), White Huns (Ally, potential enemy at start)
- Allies: Persia, Khorasan
- Khosrau must survive
- Follow the guide to the place where you can set up your base.
- Reach the Imperial Age and wait for your army to arrive.
- Defeat the White Huns.
- Defeat the Gokturks.
- Protect the Persian villages.
- Pay 400 gold in tribute to the White Huns within 5 minutes.
- Pay 600 gold in tribute to the White Huns within 5 minutes.
- Pay 1000 gold in tribute to the White Huns within 5 minutes.
- Send a messenger to the Gokturks to form an alliance.
- Destroy and replace the towers guarding the Silk Road.
- Send 10 villagers to the Fire Temple.
- Tribute 1000 wood to Khorasan to earn access to their fish supply.
- You can train ten Savarans by clicking on the main pavilion (costs 1500 gold)."
Official hints Edit
- Protect the local villages to ensure a steady flow of tribute.
- Paying the tributes the White Huns ask of you isn't obligatory, but the White Huns are a dangerous adversary and placating them early on would be wise.
- Forming an alliance with the Gokturks will help you in defeating the White Huns.
- If you are low on gold, you can earn a great profit through trade with the trading post at the other end of the Silk Road.
- Cavalry Archers dominate these plains- countering them with Halberdiers and Elite Skirmishers will be the most cost effective solution. The Persians have excellent cavalry so be sure to use them as well. War Elephants, on the other hand, aren't very useful in this situation.
- Saravans are Persian heavy cavalry that can regenerate. They come at a price but they are worth their weight in gold.
- Persia (Persians) - has a vast city (mostly comprised of Farms and Town Centers) on the west part of the map. They are totally helpless, being slowly destroyed by the Hun Raiders. Once the player reaches the Imperial Age, their remaining buildings would be converted under the player's possession
- Khorasan (Indians) - has the Fire Temple near the center of the map. Also possesses a Market to the northeast of the map, where the player can trade provided they can gain control of the Silk Road. They also have a tiny camp across the river which would offer the player to pay some Gold in exchange for a few Savaran cavalry
Ally to enemy Edit
- White Huns (Mongols) - has a scattered yet powerful camps spanning from the south to the east of the map. They will quickly reach the Imperial Age and will eventually field large armies which consists of Heavy Cavalry Archers, Elite Mangudais, Hussars and Elite Skirmishers, escorted by a few Monks and will include some Trebuchets to attack the player. It will be wise to pay them as the player can until they are ready to face the White Huns' powerful force.
Neutral to ally to enemy Edit
- Gokturks (Turks) - has few scattered encampments north of the map. Their army is also comprised of Heavy Cavalry Archers and Hussars, along with some Trebuchets. The player will be given an optional objective to ally with them to fight the White Huns. However, this alliance is brittle, as it would be broken if the player attempts to mine Gold near their encampment. Nevertheless, the player will need to defeat them at a latter time to win the scenario.
- Hun Raiders (Huns) - has three small encampments which produces Knights, Light Cavalry and Cavalry Archers to harass Persia and the player early game. By late game, they will attempt to assist the White Huns in defending the latter's camp. They also have some Watch Towers along the Silk Road to deny the player of trading with Khosran.
At the start you should try to build a town as fast as possible. Protect the allied villages from being raided to make sure you keep on getting resources from them and make it to Imperial Age. The White Huns will ask for tributes several times and it's a good idea to keep on paying them as long as you don't have a decent sized army.
At the edge of Persian influence lies a Fire Temple dedicated to Zoroaster. Sending 10 Villagers to them will give you their Monks and a Relic. A bit south to the temple lies a camp with a Paladin, two Elite Cataphracts, and a few Pavilions. This is a camp that trains Savarans. Clicking on the main Pavilion will train 10 Savarans for 1500 gold. It is advisable to train these and combine them with other cavalry before declaring war on the White Huns.
Once you get to the imperial age war is declared on the White Huns and you'll have to defeat them. Watch out for their Mangudai and hussar combination. They'll also make other units like Elite Skirmishers, Monks and Trebuchets but in smaller amounts. The best way to counter them is by making Heavy Camels, Halberdiers and Elite Skirmisher with some heavy cavalry (you can buy Savarans, a heavy armored regenerating cavalry unit). Also a couple of Castles near their base will aid you in your fight. There's also the possibility to ally the Gokturks. The Gokturks have excellent Heavy Cavalry Archers and Hussars so they'll help you distract the enemy and raid the enemy towns. Remember that the White Huns will only attempt to rebuild basic military structures such as Stables and Archery Range when destroyed by the player, but will NOT attempt to rebuild their Castles. Therefore, Castles should be the primary target of the player's Trebuchets so the White Huns could no longer create their own. Once you've destroyed all their Castles and their military the White Huns will resign (research Spies immediately as it only costs 200 gold!). However, the Gokturks will betray you, but they're not that strong as the White Huns and should be easy to defeat. Once their base is destroyed as well, you win the scenario!