The Bronze Age is the third Age in Age of Empires, following from the Tool Age and preceding the Iron Age. It is characterised by the increased use of bronze and other metals, competition for resources, more complex technologies, trade, colonization and military expansion. Also increasing technology allows for a wider range of military units and more developed tactics. It also represents the development of greater centralised government. To reach this age, 800 food is required.
- Buildings which are available in Bronze Age
- Units which are available in Bronze Age
- Improved Bowman at Archery Range
- Composite Bowman at Archery Range
- Chariot Archer at Archery Range (Prerequisites Wheel)
- Stone Thrower at Siege Workshop
- Short Swordsman at Barracks
- Broad Swordsman at Barracks
- Chariot at Stable (Prerequisites Wheel)
- Cavalry at Stable
- Camel Rider at Stable (Rise of Rome)
- Priest at Temple
The Bronze Ages are known by historians as a period of time where civilizations become more centralized and urbanized due to a surplus of food through extensive farming. This historical period features use of metal materials which allows new technologies to be developed. The most notable feature to this time period is the development of written languages and the invention of the wheel.