|This article is about the the War Chief. For the untrainable unit, see Aztec Chief.|
|Aztec War Chief|
Aztec War Chief in game
|First Appearance||The WarChiefs|
|Age Available||Discovery Age|
|Base Hit Points||500|
|Resists||10% vs. Ranged|
|Melee Multipliers||x0.25 vs. Settler|
x3.0 vs. Treasure Guardian
|R.O.F.||1.5 / 3.0 (Siege)|
The Aztec War Chief has a lot of hitpoints and no range attack. He is vulnerable to ranged attacks while approaching because he is a melee unit. His bonus as a War Chief gives an experience multiplier to nearby units. Like all Explorers, Monks and War Chiefs, he automatically heals slowly when injured.
As all War Chiefs do, he can use a special ability to transform a Treasure Guardian into an ally every two minutes as opposed to fighting them, though when the War Chief starts conversion, the selected guardian will attack him. Like the other two War Chiefs, he has a good Line of Sight and can see stealth units, look for and take treasures, as well as building Trading Posts and Town Centers.
If he falls in combat, dancers at the Fire Pit can Dance to make the War Chief heal faster, and return to the Fire Pit without a ransom.
- This Unit Auto-Upgrades with the Age technologies.
- Colonial (+70% HP & +50% Damage)
- Fortress (+100% HP & +150% Damage)
- Industrial (+100% HP & +200% Damage)
- Imperial (+275% HP & +300% Damage)
- Swashbuckler Attack can be unlocked with the Chief Council age up. Depending on the Age advanced to with the Council, the attack varies and the HP bonus is different.
- Founder Increases the Bounty Aura Exp. multiplier to 300%
HC Shipments Edit
- High Priest of Ixtlilton: Adds +50% Damage & HP to base stats of the war chief and he can train Jaguars.
- Smoking Mirror: Grants Aztec War Chief speed 35% and hand attack damage area +2 so that it can hit multiple units at once.
"The most densely populated region of the New World in 1492 was Mesoamerica, the region where North and Central America meet. Among the people living there were the Aztecs (also known as Mexica or Tenocha); they built a complex civilization centered around their great city of Tenochtitlan (modern Mexico City). This was one of the largest cities in the world (with an estimated population of 200,000) and arguably more beautiful and cleaner than most contemporary European capitals.
In Aztec society, membership in the calpulli established each individual's religious and secular schooling, as well as how they would be trained in warfare. The men of a calpulli served together in battle and on the numerous public works projects. Their soldiers wielded weapons of wood and stone, and they often sought prisoners to be sacrificed in religious ceremonies."
In Other Languages Edit
Spanish: Jefe Guerrero Azteca