|Rate of Fire||Fast|
|Upgraded From||War Elephant|
The Armored Elephant is an uncommon unit, and only these civilizations can train it:
- Leather Armor Cavalry: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Scale Armor Cavalry: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Chain Mail Cavalry: Increases armor by 2 points.
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Persians: Armored elephants move 50% faster.
- Carthaginians: Armored elephants have 750 hit points instead of 600.
- Phoenicians: Armored elephants are 25% cheaper.
- Macedonians: Armored elephants are four times more resistant against conversion.
"Armies using elephants in battle learned quickly that wounded animals could be as dangerous to friendly troops as they were to the enemy. One solution to this problem was to cover elephants partially with light armor that helped protect them from arrows and spears. Unwounded animals were much easier to control and direct against the enemy. Keeping the elephants under control and bringing them into contact with the enemy was critical. Only veteran troops would stand and fight against a determined charge by elephants. All others would rout when the elephants got close."—The Rise of Rome manual
|Units in Age of Empires|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Naval||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|The Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|