|This article is about the Spearman armor class. For general information about Spearmen in Age of Empires II, see Spearman (Age of Empires II).|
The Spearman Armor Class is an armor class introduced in Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. All units that have an attack bonus against this class deal bonus damage against units with this armor class.
All information that follows is current as of patch 5.0.
Spearman Units Edit
The following units have the Spearman armor class and take bonus damage from attacks against this class.
Anti-Spearman Units and Buildings Edit
The following units and buildings have an attack bonus against the Spearman armor class. They are sorted descending by the amount of bonus damage they deal. Generally speaking, most archer units have an attack bonus.
+3 Bonus Attack
- Archer - Crossbowman - Arbalest
- Skirmisher - Elite Skirmisher - Imperial Skirmisher (the latter Vietnamese and allies only)
+2 Bonus Attack
- Cavalry Archer - Heavy Cavalry Archer
- Longbowman - Elite Longbowman (Britons only)
- Chu Ko Nu - Elite Chu Ko Nu (Chinese only)
- Plumed Archer - Elite Plumed Archer (Mayans only)
- Rattan Archer - Elite Rattan Archer (Vietnamese only)
- Watch Tower - Guard Tower - Keep
+1 Bonus Attack
- Hand Cannoneer
- Slinger (Incas only)
- Mangudai - Elite Mangudai (Mongols only)
- Camel Archer - Elite Camel Archer (Berbers only)