Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The bow remained an important military weapon after the fall of Rome, although less so in areas of Europe covered by dense forests." - Excerpt from the Archer description
Archers and all other non-siege weapon or Artillery ballistic units fall under this category. These units are the most cost-efficient ranged units throughout the Age of Empires series games. Their ranged attacks easily massacre infantry, though their low armor and Hit Points make them vulnerable to fast Infantry, such as Eagle Warriors and Woad Raiders. Another major weakness of archers are cavalry units, which can take out multiple archers, due to their fast speed and high average attack. Archers are also ineffective against siege engines due to their short range, low amount of hit points and the decent pierce armor present on said siege engines.
- Improved Bowman
- Composite Bowman
- Slinger (The Rise of Rome)
- Chariot Archer
- Elephant Archer
- Horse Archer
- Heavy Horse Archer
- Main article: Archer Units (Age of Empires II)
In Age of Empires III, Archers are barely used by European civilizations, being replaced by Gunpowder Units. Few archer-type units exist, and are primarily Native American. They function as light infantry and are effective against heavy infantry. The remaining units available from the Barracks are either firearm-wielding infantry or melee infantry.
- Longbowman (British only)
- Besteiros (Upgraded Crossbowman, Home City Card required and only available to the Portuguese)
- Chu Ko Nu (The Asian Dynasties, Chinese only)
- Keshik (The Asian Dynasties, Chinese only)
- Yumi Archer (The Asian Dynasties, Japanese only)
- Yabusame (The Asian Dynasties, Japanese only)
- Shinobi (The Asian Dynasties, Japanese only)
- Ikko-Ikki (The Asian Dynasties, Japanese only)
- Arrow Knight (The Warchiefs, Aztecs only)
- Cetan Bow (The Warchiefs, Sioux only)
- Bow Rider (The Warchiefs, Sioux only)
- Aenna (The Warchiefs, Iroquois only)
|This page or section may need to be cleaned up to reach a higher standard of quality.
See also main page: Archer Units (Age of Mythology)