|This article is about the archer units in Age of Mythology. For archer units in other games of the series, see Archers.|
Archers are also human units, rather than the superhuman Heroes or monstrous Myth Units. The units below are also considered archers because counter-archer units have an attack bonus against them. Furthermore, they benefit from Archer upgrades (i.e. Medium Archers etc.,) though this is not true of the Atlantean heroes.
There are also a few units that, while mounted, are considered archers rather than cavalrymen as they fulfil the above criteria. The Norse do not have any archer units. Note: This is no longer the case in the Tale of the Dragon expansion, as the Norse were given a single archer unit, the Bogsveigir.
- Gastraphetes (Hades only)
- Sentinel (Hades only. A statue, but an archer nevertheless)
- Bogsveigir (in Tale of the Dragon)
Atlantean archer units retain their archer status when they are upgraded to heroes.
Brief Comparison Table Edit
Some non-archers units were added for comparison purposes.
|Chu Ko Nu||60w||40g||2||4(×2)||16m||60||15%||15%||4.0m/s|
- Peltast, Slinger, Turma have +300% dmg against Archers and +100-200% dmg Bonus against Throwing Axeman.
- Slinger also have +25% bonus against Axeman and Hypaspist.
- Mounted Archer have +25% dmg against Cavalry.
- Toxotes, Arcus, Chu Ko Nu have -10% dmg against Raiding Cavalry.
- Cheiroballista have huge list of bonuses, worth to mention: +150% against infantry, +350% against Huskarl, +300% against Destroyer.