|This article is about the god in Age of Mythology. For the god in Age of Empires: Mythologies, see Apollo (Age of Empires: Mythologies).|
|Major Gods|| Zeus|
|God Power||Underworld Passage|
|Technologies|| Sun Ray|
Temple of Healing
|Role||God of the Sun and Music|
"You have advanced to the Heroic Age through the Foresight of Apollo."—Age up text in Age of Mythology
God Power Edit
- Underworld Passage: Creates two portals anywhere on the map the player has line of sight. Units entering one portal are instantly transported to the other.
- Sun Ray: Archers, Centaurs and Manticores gain +10% attack
- Oracle: All units and buildings gain +6 line of sight
- Temple of Healing: Causes temples to heal friendly units, one at a time but at a very rapid rate. Units heal faster when they are idle.
Myth Unit Edit
- Manticore: A leonine creature with a human face. It fires volleys of tail spines which can hit multiple enemies. Exceptionally good against groups of enemy soldiers, particularly infantry with their poor pierce armor.
Apollo grants a very broad selection of bonuses; scouting, movement, healing and ranged attacks. The Oracle technology helps all units to scout better by improving line of sight, and giving buildings better coverage of the map. Apollo's god power, Underworld Passage, enables instant movement and is especially useful on island maps. Temple of Healing is one of the sources of healing available to the Greeks, other than Physicians. Units can use the Underworld Passage to quickly get back to the player's town and heal, then return to the fray, or to constantly harass undefended positions, then leave before enemies can arrive (Indirect Approach). Archers gain ranged attack, allowing them to support armies better, while Manticores are made even more dangerous in a support position by Sun Ray.
Zeus players can benefit from improved Centaur attack, though it is usually Hades players who profit the most, as Sun Ray boosts, among others, their Gastraphetes and Sentinels. Also, the Oracle upgrade really assists, as Hades himself is mostly a defensive Major God, emphasising in turtling.
The god of music, archery (only as sport), medicine, colonization, herds, and divination, he represents many of the better qualities of humankind, including order, intelligence, rationalization, and an appreciation for the finer things. He could cause or cure the plague. He established the oracle at Delphi and perhaps the city of Troy. He is often perceived as the perfect male. Apollo and his twin sister Artemis were fathered by Zeus and born of the Titan Leto, necessarily incurring the wrath of Zeus’ wife Hera, who did all she could to prevent the twins from being born. Apollo was also well known for his love affairs with beautiful mortals of both sexes, including among them Calliope, Coronis and Daphne. Apollo's Oracle at Delphi was well known throughout the Mediterranean. Apollo is closely associated with the sun, or at least with Helios, the Greek sun god.