|First appearance||Tale of the Dragon|
|Base hit points||300|
|Line of Sight||22|
|Melee damage||Hack (11.25)|
|Melee multipliers||Myth units (3)|
Although they were added with Age of Mythology:Tale of the Dragon, the Apep is hidden, to re-enable the Apep for Scenario Editor usage, the player must look for and remove the <flag>NotPlayerPlaceable</flag> under its definition in the Proto XML file.
- Oracle (Apollo): Increases LOS by 6.
- Bacchanalia (Dionysus): Increases hit points by 5%.
- Monstrous Rage (Hera): Increases attack by 25%.
- Thurisaz Rune (Bragi): increases movement speed by 12%.
- Mythic Rejuvenation (Hekate): Regenerates 2.0 HP/second.
- Eyes of Atlas (Atlas): Increases LOS by 9.
- This unit is a reference to the great serpent Apep (also known as Apophis), an ancient deity of chaos, who devoured souls and attacked every night Ra, who traveled west to bring sunrise.
- This deity's features were later merged with the god Set's, though in earlier myths, Set assisted Ra against the evil serpent.
- Apep has the same stats as the Sphinx.